Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

What fun

Steelmaster

I've had my 500X close to a couple years now and this tool still amazes me. I recently quit the band I was in because of arthritis problems. I've slowly started playing again for fun and this morning I plugged headphones in for the first time. What a great sound, and the ability to practice without waking everyone is priceless. I'm finding it very useful for fine tuning sounds and setting balances between pre-sets.  LOVE IT!

If I could find a sound system that could come close to replicating the sounds I'm getting in my good headphones, I would be thrilled.

I've had my 500X close to a couple years now and this tool still amazes me. I recently quit the band I was in because of arthritis problems. I've slowly started playing again for fun and this morning I plugged headphones in for the first time. What a great sound, and the ability to practice without waking everyone is priceless. I'm finding it very useful for fine tuning sounds and setting balances between pre-sets.  LOVE IT!

If I could find a sound system that could come close to replicating the sounds I'm getting in my good headphones, I would be thrilled.

I've got the HD500 and feel the same way, it's pretty cool and convenient. As for the arthritis I've got it big time especially in my whole spine and major joints. One time I laid on the floor, since there was no place to sit, and the next day I couldn't even open one of those cheap bottles of water. It would slowly go away in the next day or two. Brutal I tell ya.

The answer to these two questions might help us/you:

What did you use to amplify your unit with your old band?

What headphones do you have?

Also know that you can't really get the exact same sound from the same patch through different speakers at different levels, viz., small headphones at safe listening level vs. a cranked PA speaker

I agree and hopefully there will be just a few more things added prior to the next gen.

I got a great deal on a used GSP1101 and nabbed it for its IR loading and yep IRs can really influence the tone. So "maybe" L6 will give us a few user slots (say 10) for IRs. If they go the route of D-Tech a small memory write program that allows naming and slot allocation - doesn't even have to be part of HD Edit, that would push the fine HD beast even further.

Sorry for the ramble! :)

• Upvote 1