Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

LOST ALL PRESETS! Help!

musicimpossible

I just did the update to 2.01 and obviously did read the directions incorrectly. I saved ONLY my User Presets. Not the factory ones. The names of the factory preset names are still there but when I click on any other Factory ones, they remain the same - I think the 01A - US Double Nrm is there but any other preset keeps the same amp / effects / parameters as that. Please say I can do a reset that will bring them back. I have the Rack. THANKS.

It should tell you what to do at the end of the update.

For the rack it should be this, from the release notes:

HELIX RACK ONLY: While holding knobs 5 and 6 below the screen, turn on Helix Rack. Wait for the message “Will reset Globals and restore stock Presets, Setlists and IRs…†to appear and let go.

HELIX RACK ONLY: While holding knobs 5 and 6 below the screen, turn on Helix Rack. Wait for the message “Will reset Globals and restore stock Presets, Setlists and IRs…†to appear and let go.

+1

Do this update, and you'll get the factory presets. Note, though, that this update includes some new factory presets, and I believe it got rid a few from before.

You'll have to reload your user presets via the editor.

I did all of that - Came back an no presets were loaded. 

I have just completed a reset, directions I found here.

I then followed the line under the "Rack" directions which stated to "hold down": ENC5 & ENC6 - reset globals and restore presets, setlists, and IRs (entire factory restore)

Which is what I did before, and was stated above. I would assume that "hold down" means "press" knobs 5 and 6. 

Namely, I turned the Helix off, pressed the 5 and 6 knobs, and then let go when it stated "Will reset Global and restore stock presets, setlist and IR's." 

That was 20 minutes ago and it still states "Will reset Global and restore stock presets, setlist and IR's."

How long does this take??

BTW - there is a little orange -28 displayed at the top left corner of my screen. Error message?

More ISSUES - Looks like my Presets can change in TONE but none of the images change in the right window of my editor.

I pick Call Rectiire - shows an Orange Amp - Pick the next in the list - small twin - image stays Orange (Mandarin) amp

MORE IMPORTANTLY - the tone has been sucked out of my Helix - very Midrange an crappy.

Any help here greatly appreciated

More ISSUES - Looks like my Presets can change in TONE but none of the images change in the right window of my editor.

I pick Call Rectiire - shows an Orange Amp - Pick the next in the list - small twin - image stays Orange (Mandarin) amp

MORE IMPORTANTLY - the tone has been sucked out of my Helix - very Midrange an crappy.

Any help here greatly appreciated

Did you also upgrade to editor 2.01 as well as firmware 2.01?

Yes, Editor states 2.01 and Updater states 2.01

1 problem solved - when I did the update it changed the sample rate form 44.1 to 48 kHz. Huge difference. 

Still have issue in editor - the visual patches do not change when I move from 1 factory preset to the next. The sound changes but not visual. Everything OK in the physical Helix Rack Window. Editor screwy.