Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Updating my helix to the latest firmware

mailman2020

Hey fellow helix freaks,i just got myself a helix.So far i am impressed by the presets,but would like to update it to the 2.01 firmware.I've got the download onto my mac,but i am yet to see the mac notice that  the helix is plugged into the usb.Is there something i have to do(download something else) before it will update?Sorry if this has been answered previously(probably has),would greatly appreciate any advice.Thank's in advance

If you download and install the latest Helix editor application (just called "Helix") from here, it will give you everything you need to install the update. It should install the Helix drivers, the Line 6 Updater app, and the Helix editor app. If you don't have any of your own presets you want to back up, you can just go ahead and run Line 6 Updater, and it will guide you through the update process.

Hey fellow helix freaks,i just got myself a helix.So far i am impressed by the presets,but would like to update it to the 2.01 firmware.I've got the download onto my mac,but i am yet to see the mac notice that  the helix is plugged into the usb.Is there something i have to do(download something else) before it will update?Sorry if this has been answered previously(probably has),would greatly appreciate any advice.Thank's in advance

Hi mailman2020,

Both posts above from "silverhead" and "phil_m" are basically correct. Except, the one thing that I did notice in your post, is the fact you are using a Mac. Hence my additional note below.

A couple of things to bear in mind - IIRC. First check if the Mac can see your Helix from the System Preferences "Sound" and/or also by using the Audio MIDI Setup application inside your Utilities folder. I know it's obvious, but it's easy to overlook things like that.

Secondly, I understand that the drivers are installed on PC systems automatically, but you may have to install the custom driver that was written specifically for the Mac OSX 10.11.4 and above.

Get it from here: Helix Mac Driver 1.00 Public Beta Line 6 Software (make sure you check the Beta options box).

Just a thought and worth a mention!