Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Level sound for downloaded patches

shawncooke1

Ive looked around, but haven't found the answer to my question. Please forgive me if it has been discussed and answered already.  Im having trouble with certain patches, some Ive made and some Ive downloaded, having different output volumes when switched to.  Is there any way of getting the volumes to be more equal across the board?  It seems hard to me to flip back and forth through multiple patches to see if they are close to being the same.  Thanks 

I don't download patches, but the process should be the same whether you create them or download them.

I set my Helix master volume at 50% and use a sound meter to set every patch to be around 80 db by adjusting the level on the output block.  80 db should be more than adequate to get past any human ear limitations of Fletcher-Munson, and is generally about normal stage volume in my band.  Of course you can choose whaterver level you want on the master volume and adjust your output amp accordingly.  Just pick a setting then target 80 db and adjust the output block.

There is no real desirable way - but it was recommended to me (and I have found it to be the most convenient) to go to the last "output" block in the chain (little circle with arrow pointing out) and lower or raise the level there - either to what seems comfortable to the ear or w/meter.  Then SAVE it'll go right back the way it was.  I've found this to be easiest, especially on the fly at practice or readying for live play.  Note, however, that larger changes in volume to a particular preset (up or down and regardless of where/how you change) will change the way the preset sounds.

• 2 weeks later...