Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

What does activate toe switch mean?

dannepop

I can´t switch between Exp2 and Exp1.

What does activate toe switch mean? Is there any shield or something on the rubber button or what does this mean.

I have assigned wha-wha to Exp2 and volume to Exp1 but I can't switch between them how hard I stomp on the pedal.

Nothing happens is this a bug or what?

D

You've really got to get after that toe switch, it's quite stubborn. Not a "stomp" so much as "applying firm pressure". If you are on a padded or carpeted surface it's even harder. I ultimately got another expression pedal and don't use the toe switch for anything. Not only because the switch is a pain, but also because switching between two functions with the one expression pedal never really worked for me. You have to go full toe-down to get to the switch, which isn't very subtle if you are using that expression pedal for boost, or Whammy, or huge outer space reverb....

Ive never found this much harder than any standard way toe switch - except on soft carpet where the curved base of helix seems to exacerbate the issue.  If its on a board, a case, or a hard floor its just right for the amount of weight that goes on the switch when you lean into it standing. - I do concede its almost impossible to engage while sitting!