Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Midi Control for FH1500

lyndasfarn12

I've been trying to get this to work too, without any success.

The firehawk 1500 will receive program change messages and im able to select patches via midi, but nothing else.

In the "pilots guide" manual for the Firehawk 1500 there is a list of Midi CC#'s that the unit is surposed to respond to for FS1-5, EXP-1, EXP-2, looper controls etc, but none of them appear to work. I suspect that these only work when you have an FBV3 (or other Line6) foot controller connected to the FBV coinnctor and not via the standard Midi in connector which seems a little limited as far as Midi control is concerned

The other issue with controlling FS1 - 5 via midi is that without the FBV3 footswitch connected the option use these footswitches doesnt appear in the iOS/Android Remote App, so you cam't assign them to anything to use them anyway even if you could switch them on/off via Midi !

Line 6 - Please add the ability to use these Midi CC#'s via the standard Midi interface for those of us that don't have the FBV3 or want to control these functions from a seperate Midi controller.. This can't be a very difficult thing to do in a future update surely as functionality is already there!

I've tried for days with more MIDI floorboards, no success. There's an odd lack of documentation and support about that aspect. Pity as this is a blast of a product, but really I don't want to buy another specific floorboard.

• 2 months later...

I have been notified by Line6 the only thing you will ever be able to control on your "Very Expensive" 

Firehawk 1500 via MIDI is change patches.They have no intention of fixing it, it's a case of false advertising

"I'm sorry but the Firehawk 1500 midi features will only allow you to change patches. The info in the back of the manual

is not correct. I apologize for the inconvenience.
Thanks,"

Will - Line 6 Support

Thanks a lot Line6 the sooner you let anyone else who may be intending to by the amp to take advantage of the so-called MIDI CONTROL (like myself) that Line6 does not have the knowledge or the know-how to impliment what most other brands can do without a hitch.
  • Confused 1

• 10 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The firehawk 1500 will receive program change messages and im able to select patches via midi, but nothing else.

In the "pilots guide" manual for the Firehawk 1500 there is a list of Midi CC#'s that the unit is surposed to respond to for FS1-5, EXP-1, EXP-2, looper controls etc, but none of them appear to work. I suspect that these only work when you have an FBV3 (or other Line6) foot controller connected to the FBV coinnctor and not via the standard Midi in connector which seems a little limited as far as Midi control is concerned

The other issue with controlling FS1 - 5 via midi is that without the FBV3 footswitch connected the option use these footswitches doesnt appear in the iOS/Android Remote App, so you cam't assign them to anything to use them anyway even if you could switch them on/off via Midi !

Line 6 - Please add the ability to use these Midi CC#'s via the standard Midi interface for those of us that don't have the FBV3 or want to control these functions from a seperate Midi controller.. This can't be a very difficult thing to do in a future update surely as functionality is already there!

I have the same problem, strange midi not standard...

• 1 month later...

In the "pilots guide" manual for the Firehawk 1500 there is a list of Midi CC#'s that the unit is surposed to respond to for FS1-5, EXP-1, EXP-2, looper controls etc, but none of them appear to work. I suspect that these only work when you have an FBV3 (or other Line6) foot controller connected to the FBV coinnctor and not via the standard Midi in connector which seems a little limited as far as Midi control is concerned

Line 6 - Please add the ability to use these Midi CC#'s via the standard Midi interface for those of us that don't have the FBV3 or want to control these functions from a seperate Midi controller.. This can't be a very difficult thing to do in a future update surely as functionality is already there!