Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Re-installing Firmware for Helix Foot Controller

HillsideDeafener

I posted this in another thread but basically here's my issue with the foot controller. 

I have the latest firmware 2.0.1 and while editing the Helix I experienced a black screen. I restarted and everything works fine except I notice that randomly when I try to switch to a different preset it won't switch, I have to wait like 5 seconds and then when I hit it again it will switch. I don't think it's a physical problem as all the switches seem to work, it's almost like something is still loading up and I notice the tap tempo light is solid in this "freeze" period where nothing will switch. Once the tap tempo light starts to blink then it will switch if I press on another preset.

Peter Hamm said he had the same problem at one time and he re-installed the latest firmware again and the problem went away. 

Peter is correct. Sometimes the firmware can get corrupted - don't ask me how. But a re-installation can fix some problems. After Helix firmware is installed the Rack device  checks the Helix Control firmware and updates it if necessary.

So I re-installed the latest firmware but it did not prompt me to update the foot controller. In doing some more testing, I found that switching between presets gets hung up randomly when I have my Mission EP1-L6 expression pedal plugged in but when it's not plugged in there is no problem with switching presets. Is this happening to anybody else?