Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Bluetooth Firmware Update

grahamwalker2004

I don't want to update my firmware for my Firehawk by USB from my pc. Instead i want to use the remote app and bluetooth to update. Its warning me it may take up to 2 hours to update but is timiing me out each time i try to update on the app. I'm going on to settings/device flash as instructed but doesn't seem to go any further than this. Even when i have the firehawk and iphone paired together it has "device flash version-no device" and "update services not available" below that. Its definitely paired together so i dont understand why its so difficult to update!     

It sounds like your Bluetooth pairing is not being recognized. Try 'forgetting' the bluetooth pairing and then re-pair the devices.

I know you say you don't want to do it, but the USB and PC method is much faster and more reliable.

Bluetooth updates are really painful because it is hard to keep a BT connection alive for that long. 

As silverhead stated, that error means it isn't seeing your device.  Make sure that BT is turned on in both the Firehawk and your mobile device.  If that doesn't work remove the firehawk from your mobile device and re-pair.

• 1 month later...

After my experience trying to update via Bluetooth and having it now be unusable I would say never do it this way. In fact, after reading about others who have had similar issues I think they should just deactivate the ability to do firmware updates via Bluetooth altogether to prevent future headaches and product returns.