Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

my problem with pod (and other modelers)...

ts020572

...are the possibilities. I bought my tube amp 12 years ago, three channels, once dialed in the only button I use is the mastervolume. With Pod HD I am always change settings, amp, fx,... because I can. What I am trying to say: I don't need more amps! :-)

George Lucas has said --- You don't set a release date for a movie when the movie is finished. You set the date and then finish the movie when it is time to be released. 

Tom Morello had a guitar custom made that he ended up hating. So he kept having it altered. He has said "When I made the decision to stop searching for a sound that just didn't exist in that guitar, and I just started creating, I learned to take the sounds the guitar had and found ways to make music that I liked with them."

What it all means is -- sometimes you just gotta shut up and play.

I hear ya. Things are a lot different then the old days of running a tube screamer through my old Vibrachamp.

Like most of the sentiments - love the options the Pods give but have to remember to come up for air and actually play. :)

I will say this, I wish I had had the same problem of too many amp options (let alone everything else) about 40 years ago. Aside from the modelling, I now have an essentially unlimited track recording studio that I can, almost totally, record to virtually (no need for a studio) with all the bells and whistles that would have taken a good size double garage with a good size bank account to have. All on my laptop I can take anywhere. Having all these options is an issue but I don't feel sorry for anyone.

• Upvote 1

I didn't have a pitch shifter, therefore I couldn't use it to match the guitar tuning to the song. 

I changed the speed of the tape to make the song match the tuning the guitar was in. 

**Which may explain why I learned to play things like Van Halen slightly up tempo than the recorded version. 

Back in my day we had a stick and a string for a guitar - no amp.  I used to work 27 hours a day and then get home and practice for another 2 hours before going to bed.  Had to walk uphill to work, both ways, in the snow with cardboard shoes.

In reality, when I was young and starting out, I bought cheap crap because that was all I could afford.  If it made any sound at all I was grateful. 

• Upvote 1

Alright, well, that does it. I'm throwing away my Helix and HD500X, throwing away my electric guitars, dragging out my pos ancient acoustic, and cutting off all but one string. Screw it.

Unplugged djent? Love it D!

\m/