Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Assigning Multiple Controllers To One Block

MelThorpe

I have a footswitch assigned right now to bump the gain on the Teemah. What I would like to do is use another footswitch to also control the gain of the Teemah but set it at a different level? I don't want to mess with the expression pedal for this, it woulnt be accurate enough for me live. 

I would two footswitches that are controlling gain. Hit one and it takes it to 8 hit another it takes it to 5 for example.

Is this possible?

I have one footswitch that toggles on and off, but I have some songs where I just want to have it on, but not at 8. Then there are songs where I want it at 5. Or thereabouts.

In you scenario I only have two options when I turn the teemah on and use the footswitch to control gain. On and set to 8 and off and set to 5. I would like:

1) On and gain set to 2 <- this is how it is set now when I turn it on

2) On and gain set to 5 <- I have a footswitch set to turn the gain to 5 when I engage the footswitch

3) On and gain set to 8 <- need this as a 3rd option

I play in a classic rock/modern country band ad we switch pretty quick with songs. I would rather try to get a lot of this done in a single preset rather than changing presets. I could do it with scenes as well, but I haven't gotten that far yet. I was hoping I could just have multiple footswitches control the same blocks.

Once a block or parameter is assigned to a switch, you can't assign that same block or parameter to another switch.

So it sounds like the easiest way to accomplish this would be snapshots. It's exactly what they are for. Easy to set up too. Just push/hold and immediately turn the encoder below the screen that corresponds to the gain parameter for the Teemah. The gain is now controlled by snapshots. If you're on snapshot one, set the gain to 2. Hit the switch for snapshot two and change the gain to 5. Hit the snapshot three switch and change the gain to 8. That's it.

Yep. totally agree, but until I get to the point where I can set my Helix to show snapshots that won't work. Unless you know of a way to only show snapshots for footswitches on one patch. =)

Right now I have it set to 8 stomp mode and I need to that for the other 8 patches I use in this bank for this gig. So I can't quite make the switch to snapshots until I get them all redone. I have a 3 day gig this weekend I am getting ready for so I am trying to find a stop gap until I can get it all moved over to use snapshots.

And if I can't, fine. I just need to know for sure before I spend a lot of time trying to figure it out.

Sounds like you don't need me to tell you that snapshots are a good fit for this... Outside of that, and without knowing anything else about what you have going on in the patch or how much DSP you have available, I'd probably approach it with two Teemah's, a parallel path and three footswitches. Drag your Teemah's down to the parallel path, use an A/B split, and bring the merge back to right after the split. Assign a footswitch to your A/B and that's your bypass. Assign the bypass status of your Teemah's to another footswitch in opposite states, so that when you hit the footswitch it turns one on and the other off. Set the gain on one of them to 2, assign a footswitch to change the other from 5 to 8. Or whatever works best for how you use them. Pre-snapshots, I used this sort of scheme for running two amps with two sets of parameters each. Sounds clunky but is actually pretty straight forward once you get accustomed to it.