Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Ownhammer IR and Parametric EQ Question

scotty_burford

Hi there

I bought one of the Ownhammer packed and it suggests the following:

To replicate this sound, following the cabinet IR loader add an EQ with a parametric bell curve set to -3 dB at 400 Hz. Adjust the Q/bandwidth to roughly where the edges of the curve start to make the initial cut around 100 Hz on the low side and 2 kHz on the high side.

I'm not sure how to set the parametric eq in Helix to replicate these settings and was wondering if anyone else had done so..and if they had if they could kindly tell me how to set it please?

Thanks!

I wrote Scotts settings down when I saw that video... I can actually contribute something lol.

low freq -- 100hz

low q -- 0.4

low gain --   -0.5

mid -- 405

midQ -- 1.2

mid gain --   -3.0

hi freq -- 2.0

hiQ -- 0.3

hi gain --   -0.5

low cut -- 63HZ

hi cut -- 10K

He adds the following EQ in the IR block:

low cut -- 72hz

Hi Cut -- 6.9K

• Upvote 3

• 1 month later...

Scott's video (above) was published prior to the full Helix app so it is now possible to dial the mid freq to 400Hz, but that is totally insignificant to my ears - just mentioning it. Also Ownhammer recommends that the Para EQ block be set after (post) the IR block, whereas Scott sets his before (pre). I've moved it to both sides and prefer it after, but that's a very subtle difference too.  

Scott's video (above) was published prior to the full Helix app so it is now possible to dial the mid freq to 400Hz, but that is totally insignificant to my ears - just mentioning it. Also Ownhammer recommends that the Para EQ block be set after (post) the IR block, whereas Scott sets his before (pre). I've moved it to both sides and prefer it after, but that's a very subtle difference too.  

Thanks for the tip

Just Purchased the new EDVH 5150 Ir s from Ownhammer and they sound amazing best IR s iv yet to hear...Great tones from the Gm12-20 s and Gm12-25 s

Also purchased the 212 Bogner Shiva from Ownhammer and sound awesome as well!!

Ownhammer quality is hard to beat and they sound sweet with the Helix amps. I've bought 3 packs so far to cover cleans and driven amps and have been liking the 'mixed mics' IRs best.

Ownhammer quality is hard to beat and they sound sweet with the Helix amps. I've bought 3 packs so far to cover cleans and driven amps and have been liking the 'mixed mics' IRs best.

Yeah they sound awesome with the Helix esp. the new EVH 5150... Ive been also using the mics mixes as well.. Using the same mic and changing the distance( ie EVH M20-PR 57-00 with EVH M20-PR 57-04) give s a sweet fuller tone.