Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Retain expression pedal settings when unplugging pedal while powered on

c00lkatz

Is it normally possible to retain the expression pedal settings after unplugging the expression pedal with the unit on as long as you don't move any knobs?

I have 2 x M5, one in the loop and one in the front end. One of them, when I setup the expression pedal working, then unplug and plug back in without turning any knobs, it worked great, switched to non-expression pedal settings when unplugged and then flipped over to expression pedal settings right away when plugging pedal back in, pedal worked without having to do anything.

The other one does not do that. When I set up the expression pedal, unplug, and plug back in, I have to redo the expression setup every time before it works again. I setup expression pedal, unplug expression pedal, it reverts back to non-expression settings, then I plug back in the pedal and the pedal doesn't work until I perform the setup (turning the knobs to the proper values) again.

I noticed the M5 that retains its settings clicks twice on power-up/bootup, whereas the 2nd one only clicks once.

After further fiddling around, now both of them only click once and neither one of them retain their settings after unplugging the expression pedal with the unit turned on.

Any ideas? Have both units gone faulty or is this normal operation? According to the manual, the settings should only clear out if you turn the knobs with the pedal unplugged (which I'm not).