Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Precious!!

hideout

That's cool. I have a towel that lays over any effects in general for gigging/ rehearsal/ at home etc. Keeps dust and spill off etc....Curious, do you call your Helix Precious and hum/talk to it while you are cleaning it? ..Because that'd be weird.

I'll wipe mine down with a microfiber cloth, and after certain outdoor gigs I blow all my gear down with canned air as it comes off the truck.

Anyone putting tempered glass protectors on the screen? What ones fit the best?

I put one of Glenn D's protectors on mine - sad to say the adhesive hasn't held up well and the edges tend to lift.  Hmmm - todays a "get some projects done" day for me, maybe I'll dig the black duct tape out of a case and attend to that.  Not knocking it - heck just the time it saved sourcing/cutting the cover was worth it to me.

"Precious"...?  Well on the one hand money's not a huge concern in my life - I would buy a replacement in a heartbeat, as I've said many times this is the gadget I've been waiting for for years, my only disappointment is that it's come along so late in my life/career.  But I HAVE paid MUCH less for a car that I've driven for years.

O'course my working definition of a muscian - "someone who puts $10,000 worth of gear into a $500 car."  

Nah, I don't clean mine, It just sits in the same spot in the studio.

I don't eat in there, I only drink out of containers with a lid, or a cap.

I don't smoke in there.   I might wipe the dust off of it from time to time.  

I have the rack version and one thing I like about it is there are no vent holes for dust to get in. Its completely in closed unlike my Eleven Rack.  However, I want to say my Eleven Rack stayed a little bit cooler after a few hours of use.  But the Helix is only slightly warm so its no biggie. 

Between the dog and the Tucson dust, I definitely give mine a good wiping down every now and again. I've ogled Glenn's screen protectors, but haven't actually gone for it yet. I still have the protective film it came from the factory with on the main screen, maybe I'll pick up Glenn's when it gives up the ghost. I did invest in a cover from Custom Amp Covers after seeing them in a thread here on the forum, it has helped a TON.

http://www.ampcovers.org

Helix%20Cover.jpeg?raw=1

(Please pardon the gratuitous inclusion of a couple of guitars in the shot, I just happen to think that every picture is better when it has a guitar or two in it....  :D )

Curious, do you call your Helix Precious and hum/talk to it while you are cleaning it? ..Because that'd be weird.

😅 No but I do curse at the dried spittle spots on it. They're not way to remove, by the way.

After every gig mine gets a wipe down and clean before it goes back into its case, just to get rid of dust and sweat. Just back from an outdoor pub garden gig, and had a dog come straight through the middle of us and left a nice muddy paw print! Wiped straight off.

• Upvote 1