Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Helix and firehawk 1500

Mgregory623

I sent both XLR's to the monitor inputs on my Firehawk 1500. The 1/4" jacks I sent to the Mixer. That audio from the Mixer can goto many places including my Apollo interface. I do not use Helix as an audio interface as many do.

I think I have it setup right. I have the L/R xlrs hooked up and send 1 to the firehawk. I then added a send block. But any effect I put after the send sounds weak. I did bump the mix up to 100% and that made alil difference. Is there a trick.

I'm not exactly sure how you have it set up.  Send 1 is going to the Firehawk monitor in?  And the XLRs are going where?

Generally, I've just run XLR left and right into the monitor in of the Firehawk1500.  It will give you some stereo imaging from a single source, and plenty of volume.  Unless there is something specific you are trying to set up, I think most people run it like that.  Let me know if there is something else you are looking to make happen.

Yes that's how I have mine setup. I just feel that the effects after the send block seem weak and better if it's before. I have just delays after it now.modulation and reverb sound way better before than after even the delay is eh . Which effects do you put after the send block? Do you boost the volume for the effects you use after?