Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Need Help With Pod Farm And My Pod Ux2

Hello every one. Ok so I bought my Pod UX2 in February of this year and so far it has caused me nothing but grief and headaches. To start when I bought my UX2 it took a week of trial and error just to get my drivers set up. Now granted that this could be my fault but still not as easy as advertised. So after that I tried to run the Pod Farm 2.5 installation disk that came with my Pod UX2 and every time I would try to start it with the Pod UX2 plugged in to my computer windows would give me an error message saying that the program has stopped working and it closed the Pod Farm 2.5. If I started Pod Farm with out my Pod UX2 plugged in it would give me a different message saying something about my licenses registration not found and try as I might it would not let me do anything about it. Once again this may be my own fault. Now I came to the line 6 site to try to fix this problem and after hours failure I accidentally downloaded the Pod Farm 1 Program and it worked perfect. For the past 6 months I have been playing around with this and have got some great recording done for my new album. Now tonight when I started the program it loaded up fine and started on a preset that I had made last week. I decided to go to a different preset. Right After I did I looked down to my guitar to start playing but there was no sound coming out of my guitar. After messing around with my guitar for a few seconds I looked up and saw that the lights on my UX2 had gone out. At first i had thought it had come unplugged from my computer but as I looked it had not come unplugged. After messing around with it and unplugging it several times to try to get it to work nothing happened. Then I plugged in my flash drive to see if it was the computer or the UX2 that had broke. Well my  computer would not pick up the flash drive or any thing else that I plugged in for that matter. Now no my computer I have 3 FD ports. 1 on the left and 2 on the right. the one on the left I had broke when I first got my computer. But the other 2 were fine. So I think that the Pod UX2 blew up my USB ports on my right side and now I cant use them. If the problem hit the mother board it could cost hundred to have fixed. I will be calling Line 6 in the morning but until then could some one help with the Pod UX2 and or my Pod farm. Thank you

you have to log into the license manager and authorize your UX2. You have to use the same account that you originally bought it with to login.

pod farm 1.12 should work immediately as that license is factory hardcoded...

you can have pod farm 1.x and pod farm 2.x installed... if that helps you move any faster...

if you have issues authorizing your UX2, you may need to contact Line6 to look at your account on the back end.

http://line6.com/support/tickets/

unfortunately that screenshot just shows windows dealing with the error and does not indicate what the actual error may be.

i would get slimdrivers (google it) and make sure that all of your computer drivers are up to date.

I would also check your add/remove programs (programs and features on windows 7) to make sure that you do not have any USB filters etc installed (some AMD systems ship with this) 

The only thing I can think of is what Zap suggested.

Make sure you have your Windows updates, especially concerning C++

Completely uninstall POD Farm 1 and 2 and all Line6 drivers using the Line6 uninstall utility found in the Line6 Folder Tools folder.

Start>>Programs>>Line6>>Tools

Download and run newest Monkey and start from scratch.

http://line6.com/software/

Also try disabling any firewalls and anti-virus pogroms during installation and authorization.

Also try a different USB chord.

Is there another computer you can try it on?

And submit a support ticket.