Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

WetDryWet using 3 Stagesource Speakers only?

JLondon

So everything I find on the forums is how to do WDW using send/return on a amp and 2 external speakers.  I'm trying to get WDW using 3 Line 6 Stagesource monitors.  Is it possible.  If so it's probably simple - but haven't been able to figure it out.  The Stagesource monitors don't have a return/send (or do they?) and I'm trying to use as few cables as possible.  My current attempts consist of trying to route 2 speakers for stereo mods connected in series using Link cables, and a single 1/4 out to a 3rd (middle) speaker for dry guitar signal only.  Closest I've come so far resulted in one of two things.  1) the "wet" speakers have the dry signal in them also, or 2) a dry signal to middle speaker and effects in only one of the other, LINK connected, speakers (no stereo obviously).  Am I failing because my physical cable connections, or  how I'm trying to route things on the Helix chain, - or both?

It was possible to do this with POD HD and 3 DT amps all via L6 Link.  I'm not sure if it can be done with Helix and 3 Stagesource speakers.

Check out the wet/dry/wet L6 Link hook up on page 3.11 of the DT manual.

http://line6.com/data/6/0a06434d41f050904bee355b1/application/pdf/L6%20LINK%20Connectivity%20Guide%20for%20POD%20HD%20&%20DT%20Amplifiers%20v2.10%20-%20English%20(%20Rev%20A%20).pdf

This is not really an answer, but may inspire some thought and answers from others.

It was possible to do this with POD HD and 3 DT amps all via L6 Link.  I'm not sure if it can be done with Helix and 3 Stagesource speakers.

Check out the wet/dry/wet L6 Link hook up on page 3.11 of the DT manual.

http://line6.com/data/6/0a06434d41f050904bee355b1/application/pdf/L6%20LINK%20Connectivity%20Guide%20for%20POD%20HD%20&%20DT%20Amplifiers%20v2.10%20-%20English%20(%20Rev%20A%20).pdf

This is not really an answer, but may inspire some thought and answers from others.

Thanks for the input.  Yeah I was almost ready to lay down the cash for a DT amp but realized the kill-dry settings are made with the pod HD 500.  Helix doesn't have that ability (right now).  Darn. 

Thanks for the input. Yeah I was almost ready to lay down the cash for a DT amp but realized the kill-dry settings are made with the pod HD 500. Helix doesn't have that ability (right now). Darn.

Well maybe you can use stereo digital L6 Link out for your wet and split the signal in helix and go quarter inch output to dry

I know L6 link was able to identify the number of connected DT amps before so I wonder if there's a possibility to have unique identifiers for each of the stagesource speakers or DT amps within helix so that you can make up to four digital assignments and leverage L6 link for all

Well maybe you can use stereo digital L6 Link out for your wet and split the signal in helix and go quarter inch output to dry

That's the basic plan I'm working with.  I do have a dry signal in the center with the 1/4 out.  But can't manage to mix the dry signal out of the wet stereo speakers though.

I know L6 link was able to identify the number of connected DT amps before so I wonder if there's a possibility to have unique identifiers for each of the stagesource speakers or DT amps within helix so that you can make up to four digital assignments and leverage L6 link for all

Yeah, L6 can sense the number of stagesource speakers as well and can identify certain aspects.  For instance, with three speakers in series, if the middle speaker is horizontal, L6 LINK will make it mono with 1st and 3rd speakers stereo (if they're vertical).  There's a thingamajig in Stagesource speakers that sense whether they are standing up, lying down, or on poles.  No such feature for routing dry signal though.  That's specific to HD500 regardless of whether your using DTamps or Stagesource speakers.  Helix needs a "kill-dry" switch like the HD500.