Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

DT25 - DT50 - Presale question on presets

marco3253

Hi guys,

I'm a happy owner of a POD HD500x, and for now i always play on cabinet linked to the power amp directly, or at home, on a PA.

Yesterday i tried for the first time a DT50, really a beautiful machine. I know that linked to a POD I would have a lot of presets to recall, because they talk together, but my question is about using the amp without a POD.

I saw that you have like 4 channels to use, but only two presets to "save" if you want to use a simple pedal switch (A/B).

Now, if you won't use a POD liked to the amp, what is the best/cheap way to link a foot controller so you can "save" more presets?

if a song have more sounds to use, like clean, hi gain and lead, what is the best way to do that? a midi footswitch? 

thank you so much.

Marco

I'd recommend going the midi route.  

If I were using my DT as a standalone amp I'd be controlling it from the DT Edit software using a $40 M-Audio Uno Midi Interface.

If you're willing to throw a bit more money at it, a dedicated footswitchable MIDI controller would be great.

a midi footswitch is a "stupid" machine doesn't it?

it has memory inside but not processing the sound or similar, the question is, without an LCD or something how to say to the DT if i press footswitch 1 activate hi gain + compressor + delay + reverb + eq ? how to program? every footswitch has an application that should be installed on a computer?

a midi footswitch is a "stupid" machine doesn't it?

it has memory inside but not processing the sound or similar, the question is, without an LCD or something how to say to the DT if i press footswitch 1 activate hi gain + compressor + delay + reverb + eq ? how to program? every footswitch has an application that should be installed on a computer?

You just stipulated a midi sequence...welcome to midi!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Just curious why you don't want to use the hd500 with your amp?

Also if it is just a matter of liking the amp by itself better instead of using the hd500 for effects and modeling you could always just use it as a midi controller for the amp. Saves a purchase of another piece of gear when you have something that will already do the trick for ya!!

anyways... just reading around and saw this.

first off, if you use the DT standalone without a POD, you will not have any patches to save or effects to use.  You can load 8 different amp, cab and reverb combinations, 4 in Channel A and 4 in Channel B.  None of those will save ANY of the knob positions and will have to be dialed in again every time you select them.  You can have 2 dialed in at any time, oneon Ch A and one on Ch B.  Essentially the DT is a 2 channel amp that can choose from 8 loaded configurations.

Even if you use midi to change the voicing it will not be dialed in.  The tone stack and channel volume settings for a Blackface will rip your face off if you switch to a Treadplate with the same knob positions...

That is why you REALLY need the HD500 to control all those parameters for patch changes and to provide effects.

• 3 weeks later...

sorry for being late,

the original questions is because the other guy in the band wanted to buy and amp with more than two channel (presets) so when i saw all that kind of customizations i supposed you could save and recall them, instead of assign one thing to chA and one to chB. Anyway all my doubts are solved now, because i bought for myself a DT25 combo, and i tried by myself what means switching voicing and channels.
also, as asked by jmp22684, i'm using it (still understanding and creating patches) with my hd500x.