Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

JTV TO HD500 TO LT2 TO BOARD?

progmr

Good day!

Just purchased the L2T to use a backline amplifier but also want to run the signal to the board.   I'm connecting the HD500 to L2T using the Line6 Link cable in Studio Direct (hd) and PA (L2T) modes.  I tried using the mixout on the L2T to the board but the signal was too hot.  I finally just used the XLR outs on the HD500 to go to the board.  Is there a way to send the signal from L2T to the board?

Good day!

Just purchased the L2T to use a backline amplifier but also want to run the signal to the board. I'm connecting the HD500 to L2T using the Line6 Link cable in Studio Direct (hd) and PA (L2T) modes. I tried using the mixout on the L2T to the board but the signal was too hot. I finally just used the XLR outs on the HD500 to go to the board. Is there a way to send the signal from L2T to the board?

Why bother? The way you've done it works just fine. I've been doing the exact same thing for a couple of years now...it's about as simple a set-up as one can get.

The signal may have been "too hot" because the L2t mix out is a Line level signal and your mixer may have been expecting a mic signal for XLR inputs.

The XLR outs from the HD500 are mic level (and normally a quiet mic at that) so your desk might prefer that.

I use whatever the desk requires - so for the bass players set-up or other random PA I try to use the L2t output first and then drop down to the HD500 output, but for my M20d I use the 1/4" outputs because that is what the M20d presets for an HD500 is predefined to expect.

Do whatever works but be prepared for Line level XLR (L2t Mix Out), Mic level (HD500 XLR Out) or instrument 1/4 to DI (HD500 1/4 Outs)