Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Mic out...

cybahous

Looking at the Line6 video "Gigging with the Firehawk 1500", it looks very simple and easy to plug in an XLR lead from a mic and then to the pa/mixer. However, when I tried it alI I got was an annoying hissing noise. I changed the lead for a newer XLR mic lead and got the same again. Am I using the correct lead? Should I use and amp XLR lead or am I missing something. Also, there are 2 XLR outputs, do I need to connect both or is that simply an option. Apologies if this sounds like a newby question, but I am... a newby! :)

I think the XLR in (from the mic) would need to be a line level signal, not direct from a mic as the amp dosnt have any mic preamps built in - this signal from a mic is too low level. You could connect the mic to a mixer or mic preamp and then connnect the output of this to XLR in on the firehawk..

But a better/more conventional way of doing this if you already have a mixer / PA setup would be to use a send from the mixer to the XLR in on the firehawk and have the mic connected to an input on the mixer. You would then setup the mix to the send output to include the mic and any other sources that you want in your monitor mix - what you are doing is using the firehawk as a replacement for a stage monitor to monitor vocals etc.