Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

122, 145 or vibe rotary?

CBTL

I know it's an emulation of an emulation, but I like the Vibe best. Not super fond of any of them though, seems like too much modulation, or something, like an effect. Leslie is a hard effect to do, as witnessed by the fact that there are a lot of VSTs out there trying.

Update: Happened to be editing a patch with both "real" rotaries as switchable FX last night, compared them again, and also the Fender. In the context of that clean Twin patch anyway, I definitely preferred the 145 over the 122, and a little bit over the Fender also. Note that you really want to use any of these in place of a cab, not in series with one, or it's way too dull, which it sort of is anyway, probably realistic. I lowered the Mix control very slightly, like 97-98%, to give it a tiny bit more top without diluting the rotary-ness too much. As always, just my $0.0002,YMMV.