Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Hack for free Pod HD Amp Packs?

Giorgos02

What is going on? There are some people in certain Pod HD groups in Facebook that say they got the Pod HD Amp packs for free simply by unregistering their product, creating a new account and registering again.

I am only posting this here so we can get some official explanation for this.

The Facebook link is here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/780751278704836/permalink/1051433971636564/

The Line 6 announcement in pdf form: http://l6c-acdn.line6.net/data/6/0a064389b21557c7ece5db80e/application/pdf

If this is legitimate, I am sure that most of the people that have already purchased the amp packs will want their money back. (Including me. I paid 130 euros for those amps)

bwQ08dF.png

I doubt Line 6 would give you your money back, unless you purchased the packs before 30 days ago. So you could return the packs and then see if the exploit works (they might already be trying to fix the problem, if they can). Even though this looks like an oversight on Line 6's part, it's probably not a very nice thing to do and is essentially stealing. But if that sort of thing doesn't bother you... I'm sure Line 6 wouldn't go bankrupt, lol.

• Downvote 1

Stealing is bad.

A diet of sour grapes will make you ill.

I paid for mine when it came out. I didn't HAVE to - I WANTED it. NOW! So I paid for it.

Now Line6 is giving it away as incentive to spur sales. SO WHAT?

Companies do it all the time.

Though, it would be nice if the next upgrade were more than wishful thinking, and FREE......

Have you ever had a cashier give you the wrong change and kept it ?  I've done both - I've kept it and other times I corrected them and gave it back.

Hope they don't decide to prosecute. It is stealing. Also, when they don't ring up a can of fruit (which is sometimes a computer error), that is also theft. 

Not just in the eyes of the Lord, but also in the eyes of the law. 

And, just for sake of argument....

People need to learn to keep their damn mouths shut. 

This 'loophole' could have remained active for months and been used and not noticed --- if it was kept on the QT and only used by a few people each day. The so-called "inner circle". The old "friend of a friend" network. 

BUT, when someone makes it public, and hordes go exploiting the error--- companies notice a lot of traffic in one particular place and they investigate. Error fixed. 

That marks the difference between a smart successful criminal and the dumbass that makes it on tv in the "what were they thinking" segment.

People need to learn to keep their damn mouths shut....

If only...

But the time for minding one's own business and keeping your mouth shut has long since passed. An entire generation now broadcasts to the world pictures of what they had for lunch, and the socks they just bought. Given this typical day-to-day behavior, you think something like this would be kept on the QT? Half the populace can't resist posting social media status updates detailing the time, duration, and qualitative assessment of the last dump the took. There's no way they could keep something as juicy as free model packs under their hats. They'd stroke out from a "Look at me!" deficiency.

If only...

But the time for minding one's own business and keeping your mouth shut has long since passed. An entire generation now broadcasts to the world pictures of what they had for lunch, and the socks they just bought. Given this typical day-to-day behavior, you think something like this would be kept on the QT? Half the populace can't resist posting social media status updates detailing the time, duration, and qualitative assessment of the last dump the took. There's no way they could keep something as juicy as free model packs under their hats. They'd stroke out from a "Look at me!" deficiency.

Boy you said a handful there.

I once had a girl say to me...

67f60580-3b51-0132-4108-0ebc4eccb42f.gif

Dammiit I just couldn't help myself.

• 2 years later...

Hola a todos soy nuevo ..me compre la PodHd500x .. la ingrese al sistema ( registre) y baje Software Monkey y software de autorizacion de Line6 .. a conecto todo y me instala todos los pack ..yo pense debe ser un error .. y contento por el hecho ... que no se,, el porque ..pero tengo todo Full Gratis 

IMG-20190704-WA0009.jpeg

• Sad 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
4 hours ago, kandiruu said:

Vendeme  el metal pack  !  Qué tal suena 

Friday 29 November will be Black Friday, and usually every year in that period Line6 makes sales for a few days with a 30% discount on model packs.

Could be your chance to spend less for the Metal Pack.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

All about POD HD500/X

help and useful tips