Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Acoustic Patches

wayneblue

There are no great models for a real acoustic guitar, or other piezo based instrument. I found that the most natural sound comes from patches with no amp, plus maybe a chorus or reverb. But for sounding like an acoustic with a magnetic pickup, there are two I like a lot:

http://line6.com/customtone/tone/1026292/

http://line6.com/customtone/tone/557842/

They may take some modification to meet what you are looking for but they were pretty close as-is. In my case I put a second path with a dirty amp model, and use the pedal to pan just as much dirt as needed...this is versatility that you just can't get with standard amp/pedal combinations.

wow, i can't believe that at the cost of that pod..

The cost of a pod, in reality, is the cost of... well... Less than a gallon of coffee. 

Maybe not. But when you consider that for less than 2 weeks pay, you are replacing your entire rig and increasing the size of your rig 30x... 

My distortion unit cost more than my Pod --- and that was actual cash, not adjusted for inflation. 

But, if it makes you feel any better down in your nether regions, if you twist the knobs in a certain way, you can get an acoustic sound from your electric. Sure, a guitar modeler will emulate an acoustic sound better than an amp modeler will. But you can make it work.