Sign in to follow this  
Webb_182

Vox AC30VR use through a POD HD500

Hey,

I've recently purchased the POD HD500 to play through the VOX, however, i'm having difficulty continuing to use the VOX footswitch with the POD. The VOX doesnt have an FX out and the POD its played through the guitar input. I want to use the distortion and cleans of my amp, however, use the effects and looper of the POD. 

Would really appreciate some assistance on this 1.

Apologies if this is something so simple, however, i'm new to the Line 6 POD world!

Thank you,

Martin

No idea why the footswitch on the amp is giving you trouble all of a sudden...however, running all your FX straight into the front of the amp tends not to work all that well in my experience. Doesn't much matter what kind of amp we're talking about. Some FX simply work better before the pre-amp, such as distortions, overdrive, fuzzes, compressors, etc, while others like reverbs and delays usually work better after the pre-amp. Without an FX loop though, that's not an option. You can still do it with what you've got, but it might take a bit a playing around with the order of whatever FX you're using to find out what works best in terms of creating the least noisy signal chain possible.