Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Pod Farm Live

I know this might sound silly to most but, I like the sounds that I can achieve with Pod Farm and was willing to try to use it live direct into the sound board. I would have to purchace 2.5 cause I have the first version and already own a mk11  (midi footswitching).  I believe that would be $99, I have all the available model packs. Which output on my UX2 would be the best one to go into the soundboard with? And am I correct with all of my above statements?

You would use the analog outs.

But the algorithms for PF 2.5 are the same as PF 1, but you do get a more flexible signal chain (up to 10 effects in any order per chain, total of 20).

To Zaps point, with an xt or X3, you don't have to worry about computer glitches.

I own a xt and a hd desktop, but I believe to my ears that when I connect either one to my monitor speakers for recording the pod farm sounds the best by far plus more options also. Maybe someone could answer me this, for years I have tried playing threw my computer surround system and like I said pod farm sounds the best, When going live I use a tech 21 power engine 60 with my xt and its ok, but no where near as good as pod farm into the surround system. Now I see it must have caught on because people are using full range flat response cabs which I have told my friends about that is the best way to get the best sound from this technology. I have tried into amps, power amps into 4x12's etc. With the freq. range of a guitar being what it is, why do you think xt, hd, pod farm sound so much better running into surround system as compared to going into a 12 inch speaker? Sorry for the long explanation, but if there is a way to get the sound fron a surround system to the fronts, I would love to know since most pa's are set up mono.

• 1 year later...

A related question is can I transfer my saved sounds from POD FARM 2 to my XT LIVE when I try and do it it says that XT live doesn't support this sound? I haven't bought additional bundles so it doesn't make sense

pod farm 1 yes...(using gearbox to transfer)

pod farm 2 no....

pod farm 2 allows for multiple instances of effects and more flexible routing than is possible on an XT or even X3

A related question is can I transfer my saved sounds from POD FARM 2 to my XT LIVE when I try and do it it says that XT live doesn't support this sound? I haven't bought additional bundles so it doesn't make sense