Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Loss of sound after using Tuner

salty09

Hi,

I am still trying to nail down this problem I am having with the Helix. 

I am currently running it USB to my PC and using it as an interface for Ableton and using the Helix PC editor as well. 

I have two effects loops setup with an M5 in one and a Barber Trifecta in the other. (Not that this is related, but trying to be as detailed as possible)

I have noticed more than a couple times that I am no longer getting sound from the Helix and then I go to the editor and change to the next patch and then back and then everything works as expected again. 

This seems to be related to using the tuner, but also seems to happen if I leave it sitting on without using it for a bit. 

Anyone else experienced this? 

Thanks!

Hi,

If you have a volume block assigned to EXP1 in the patch check the expression pedal position in the volume block when the sound cuts out. There seems to be a bug in the current firmware where the EXP1 position randomly jumps to 1%.

When I create a new patch (and i'm not completely sure about this yet) and I use EXP 1 for "wah" and EXP 2 for volume always, Helix always auto reverts to EXP-1 for volume at first, and if I don't check its controller type before a save,  its muted (because I always leave the wah in heel down position). This may not be what you are experiencing and sorry if it isnt. 

I had it happen again last night and for sure the volume pedal was set at 1% when I checked it. So good call on that! I did not use the tuner this time though, it happened right after I was working on duplicating and arming tracks in Ableton.... so that confuses me a bit. Going to keep an eye on the cause of it. Moving the volume pedal keeps me form having to switch patches though and that is good.