Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Spider IV 75 Connectivity

khersee

Is it possible to connect my Spider IV 75 to my computer without using a footswitch unit? If I must use on of them, which is best? FBV2,
FBV Express, MkII,  or FBV Shortboard MkII? I pretty much want to keep the amp's firmware updated and access user presets from online sources. Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you. Kirk

Yes, MkII is what you need.  Don't connect the amp directly to your computer with a Cat5 cable, it will fry some components in the amp.

Whether you choose an Express or Shortboard depends on how you  want to use the amp.  For live use for a lead guitarist, the Shortboard is often the best option, as you can turn on/off certain FX and page up/down through the preset banks.  With the Express, you can switch between 4 presets on the currently-selected bank (which can only be changed at the amp itself) only.