Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Variax 300 600 parts for sale after transplants..

Hi to fellow Variax users in Australia.

I am wondering if anyone is interested in taking "excess to my needs" stuff off my hands? All fully functional. Usual wear and tear as to be expected from 2nd hand parts.... I have a 300 and a 600 neck, body, and leftover electronics after transplanting into Strat copies.

I have complete bridge/piezo assemblies, as well as a couple of spare, new piezos. The fretboard on the 600 (maple) is more worn, as it was my "workhorse" for a few years, but still plays ok - a fret dress will see more life out of it, but fret replacement is looming. The 300 (rosewood) fretboard has much more life left in it. Also I sanded back the neck on both of them to make them more comfortable in my hands, i.e. "non-sticky".

Other bits n bobs include the tremolo springs and claw (600), and vol/tone knobs, pickup selector knobs.

All other parts were used in the transplants obviously, including the "bank selector" knobs.

I posted an ad on a Facebook page for Guitar/Amp Buy/Sell in Sydney, but no interest was piqued, so I though I'd put it up here. If you're interested, please private message me and ask questions/make an offer on any or all items. Pictures available to those interested....

I live an hour or so north of Sydney, on the central coast, and pick up is preferred, though local delivery/meet up is possible within reason.

Thanks for looking!

• Like 1

• 7 months later...

Any idea how many incompatible Variax 300 bridge versions exist?  I bought a used replacement from eBay, which turns out to be rev B 11-18-04, that is physically incompatible with rev D 01-25-06 from my Variax.  Based on letters B and D, there may be at least 4 versions; whether or to what extent A and C are physically [in]compatible with A or D is the question...

post-2533493-0-32798000-1492637822_thumb.jpg

Any idea how many incompatible Variax 300 bridge versions exist?  I bought a used replacement from eBay, which turns out to be rev B 11-18-04, that is physically incompatible with rev D 01-25-06 from my Variax.  Based on letters B and D, there may be at least 4 versions; whether or to what extent A and C are physically [in]compatible with A or D is the question...

How are they incompatible? Physically these look slightly different, but I'm not convinced without evidence that they are incompatible.

I installed a couple of jackplates designed for the Variax bass series, into a couple of strat style transplants, (using both a 300 and a 600, as donors). I had to remove a bit of extra timber from inside the cavity, as the 1/4" jack portion is about 20-25 mm longer than the 300/600 version. Otherwise - even though one is for a bass, and one is for a 6 string, they are interchangable....

How are they incompatible? Physically these look slightly different, but I'm not convinced without evidence that they are incompatible.

Fair enough; the bridge cavity on my Variax 300 is only barely larger than the smaller of above circuit boards.  The lower middle screw hole in bridge plate used for attaching rev B circuit card is for rev D card a 5th screw anchoring plate to body.

post-2533493-0-37176800-1492712889_thumb.jpeg

Fair enough; the bridge cavity on my Variax 300 is only barely larger than the smaller of above circuit boards.  The lower middle screw hole in bridge plate used for attaching rev B circuit card is for rev D card a 5th screw anchoring plate to body.

The only thing to do is make room for the differences in bridge attachments. I mean, you'vre got the bridge off already, right? Get out the router, or the spade bit for your drill that doesn't get used much. It's not like you're going to risk your warranty....

If you're not comfortable to do it yourself, someone you know with good tool skills can do it for you. :ph34r:

The only thing to do is make room for the differences in bridge attachments.

Given that I still have the original bridge, swapping saddles and piezos will take less than 10 minutes.

I'd rather have the bridge plate anchored by 5 screws than 4 in a softwood body.

• 4 years later...

Hi eenymason,

I know the post was from more than 5 years ago but I'm wondering if you still have any of those.

I have a body assembly of Variax 300 which is missing the bridge (I have a Tyler bridge but it's incompatible).

I could probably use the bridge and the neck. 

• 2 months later...
On 12/29/2021 at 4:45 PM, uedat125 said:

Hi eenymason,

I know the post was from more than 5 years ago but I'm wondering if you still have any of those.

I have a body assembly of Variax 300 which is missing the bridge (I have a Tyler bridge but it's incompatible).

I could probably use the bridge and the neck. 

Hi, I have been absent from here for a long while - I'm back to look for some info, as I'm trying to resurrect a couple of usable Vaxplants from 3 donors. Things are having intermittent problems...

I think I have a couple of 300/600 bridges, and piezo sets. I no longer have necks or bodies, but a Strat replacement neck will suit.

Let me know if you're still looking for bridge, etc - better if you reply to this, and quote this reply, so I get notified you have replied, otherwise I won't see it.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 4/15/2022 at 12:04 AM, jaydubpdx said:

Looking for a hard tail Variax Bridge that will be compatible with Variax 700 (electric) guts.  

300?  500?  L R Baggs?

I'm only on here randomly these days, so reply with quote if you want me to be notified you've asked a question...

I should have the original piezos, but I think I ended up re-purposing the 300 bridge-plate. Let me check, and get back to you with what I have.

Anyway, isn't the 700 a trem setup?