Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Custometone & Spider Valve MKII?

Death_machine

Just got my new used SV 212 MKII and MKII shortboard the other day and tried it out yesterday. When I went to the customtone page for the 212 MKII (HD100 & 112 also) all the amp colors are either red or green and not amber or blue and when I try to load one of them in they don't work. I was able to load in old patches I downloaded a few years ago when I had the HD100 MKII head. Am I missing something???

Couple things to suggest .... although since you have the HD100 you probably know all this stuff.

1) Make sure you have the latest firmware installed

2) Download the manuals (still available)

3) If it were me, I'd re-initialize it to the "Factory Settings". All "custom settings" will be erased when you do this.

Although I use the DT25 now, I still have my SV212 MKII and I would never sell it. Great amps. You "may" need new tubes and re-biasing to really put it into great shape?

Let us know how you make out.

Thanks for the quick response!! This arrived to me with the factory reset done by the guy I bought it from. I had updated it to the 2.0 flashdrive firmware and also tried it with the 1.5. Everything has the up to date files. I actually have my old manual from the head. Anyways, I gave it a try again today and now the customtone files are opening when I download them. No idea why it wasn't doing that yesterday as I haven't changed anything since yesterday.

I would like to try one of the DT series out. How are the hi gains on it? 

Sometimes they just fix themselves and we'll never know why.

For me the DT25 is the bomb. I just love what it can do especially with the HD 500 pedal. I prefer the Head and Cab over the combo. It also sounds great just by itself and of course the two channel thing allows for something clean and dirty side by each to switch between. I am not a big Hi Gain player so I can't comment appropriately on that genre but as an amp, there is nothing on the market that does what these amps do in terms of how they manage the output section options to the preamp modeling. Just stunning technology imho. As I mentioned before, I still like that SV212 (except for the weight). I think it is also a great amp and even though the DT25 gets the goto title, I would never sell my SV212.