Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Gone and Done it

captainnemo70

well after lusting after a Helix for almost a year ive finally pulled the trigger.

been following the forums avidly since it was announced last year, put off from getting one by the initial porblems that many were having, then couldnt get one due to availability in the uk, then joined a new band and wanted to keep my rig stable till i got used to all the material.

got my hands on one on demo for the first time today and blown  away, even with just a cpl of the presets it was great, the marshall sounds were so much more real than my previous PRO HD.

the last year or so ive been using a Blackstar Series one 200 head and a 2x12 cab and a large pedal board with external effects as well, im very much hoping that the HELiX will replace all that, to be fair carrying a 60lb head and rig around  is destroying my aging body :)

cant wait to dig into it and get it running  !!!!! combined with my Variax im hoping its going to be a total workhorse

• Upvote 1