Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Connecting a tube screamer (or other overdrive boost) to pod HD Pro via 4 cable method

reaper121088

I've only just got the the pedal to be honest. I never liked the ts9 sim on the pod, but we used a tube screamer straight into my Krank when we recorded out album (no pod) and it was glorious. Only need the pod for live stuff anyway. The problem I've got is I use clean sounds as well, so idy I'd like a way of being able to set up a patch with no tube screamer for my cleans. Don't quite know how

Yeah I definitely have some thinking to do. I did think about that to start with. I suppose the ideal solution would be if there was a separate input/output (like an extension of some sort...) on the back of the pod which had an fx block assigned to it, which could be added or removed. So it's present in the rhythm and lead patches, but not in the clean patch. Therefore, I'd be able to assign it with the midi controller. Don't think there is though ðŸ™

I use the 4CM a lot. And I think the attached diagram may help you. (Sorry for the poor quality, I edited the image!)

Even when I don't use MIDI or have the experience, I think you can control the FX LOOP Block (on/off) using MIDI commands. 

post-1058405-0-82656600-1473785047_thumb.jpg

You're welcome, 

Now regarding this: 

...but I guess it doesn't really matter about them being out of the loop? As it's being used as the ts?

You mean you have other analog pedals? If that is the case you can place them after the TS using the same diagram as reference. The FX LOOP BLOCK will control all the pedals you have placed there. Don't forget that you can combine the analog effects and POD effects. The sound will depend on the position of the FX BLOCK.

Regards, 

Thanks man. So the chorus etc so t be affected then. Sweeeeet

Yes!

oh, and I forgot something... Remember that your AMP tone will be mixed with the TS and the other POD effects when the fx loop block is ON. When I use the 4CM, I try to place the FX LOOP after the MIXER. Try different positions until you find what is good for you, 

well ..... I have another question related to HD500x and external pedal, I need your help/suggestion....

In my guitar story I have collected 5-6 pedal, quite vintage, like TC XII Fhaser, Boss DD-2 Delay, CE-2 Chorus (Clone), BK Tube-Driver, Fuzz, Flanger,  TC Nova Delay..... well .. Now I build a Effects looper using a PIC MCU with 8 send-return loops all in mono.

The question is: HOW to connect the HD500x to the Looper?? in other words, Using main IN and OUT or the FX send -return?.... what I want to do is to use some internal effects emulation (like compressor or equalizer) and external ones....

Hope it's clear.....!!!!

Any Help??!!!

Rino

@Jvrock ... this is another question ....  I play at home, no band or other... so till now I've connected the balanced output of the 500x to the mixer and than to the studio monitor. So to answer to your question is .... WITHOUT 4 cable method. I have also connected the unbalanced mono output to a Fender Vibro Champ just to test......

So I'm just experiment different configuration, but now that I have finished the effects looper I want to use the old pedal......