Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Amp to use with AMPLIFi?

godoyrafa

• 2 weeks later...

Ive been running mine into the stereo fx return of a Fender Mustang IV v2. if you move the effects loop, it bypasses everything and you can use the cabinet sims no problem. As for volume, the two combined can get insanely loud. Ive never had the amp over 3 and usually run the amplifi about 1/4 of the run ring

• 7 months later...

I recently got a Orange PPC108 1x8" cab for my Vox lil night train, and was messing around with the cable, say connecting my iPod directly into the cab to run in the speaker, it wasn't very load but loud enough for my tiny apartment and I actually have to lower the volume a bit on my iPod, so the next day I pull out the FX100 and see if it works with the cab without an amp or even a power amp, L/R and Amp output got nothing, then I try the Headphone out, it's quite load really!

I used to connect the FX100 to my Micro Spider's mic in, now FX100 through a Dimarzio Speaker Cable into the Cab, the sound wasn't significantly changed, as I don't play load anyway it sound quite nice. I also tried to connect the FX100 with guitar cables instead (George L's to be precise) it sounds a but lower in volume and seems to lose some mid-bass frequencies.

Maybe you could experiment with the various output and cables, I'm sure cab sim is on coming out from Phone output.

I would recommend JBL EON 610 or 612. I have a 612 and the other guitarist in my band has a 610. We rehearse and gig with them in floor wedge position. Both are light and compact, have very flat response curves and are awesomely "crisp" sounding. In fact, we both had to use the EON's slick Bluetooth EQ app to roll off some highs in an attempt to get them to respond like our main PA speakers, which are JBL 515XTs. Now when I dial in tones on my 612, I can be reasonably assured that the audience will hear something very close. Note AMPLIFi FX100 is my backup modeler, and I use Firehawk FX as my main source. These speakers sound great with both of my modelers as well as my other guitarist's Helix Floor.