Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Poor Audio Recordings With My Line 6 Pod Ux1

Hi people,im having some issues with the line 6 pod ux1.Im trying to make a song and i dont know how to get a decent audio recording.I have tried a lot of things with ux1 configuration and the quality stills bad,i dont know what else to do to get a good audio quaility when im recording.

im using my pod ux1 with cubase 5 and pod farm 2.55 in my pc with windows 7.

pls help,im very fustrated with this thing :( .

Can you be more specific about what you are doing, and how you have things set up? Provide as much detail as you can.Can you post a sample of the recording? Perhaps screenshots of Pod Farm/Cubase that you think may illustrate the problem? Are you able to adjust the input volume for the track when recording in Cubase?

It's very difficult to provide hints and suggestions when you say you've already done everything, and that 'things still sound bad'.

Are you saying what you play sounds good but the recording does not?

Check what you are sending to Cubase in POD Farm's mixer view.

You can send dry, processed, or semi-processed?

Also make sure you are using ASIO UX1 as you device in Cubase.

Are you saying that it sounds better to you when listened to live? I'm not a metal fan so I'm not a good judge of whether this recording sounds good or bad. Sorry I can't help - perhaps someone with a good ear for metal can assess the sound quality.

Offhand I don't see anything obviously wrong with your setup; on the other hand my knowledge in this area is general - I own and use several audio interfaces and DAWs, but not the UX1 or Cubase.

Good luck working things out.

Ah, yes - expecting your own recordings to sound like youtube..... There are SO MANY things, other than your device and its settings, that go into youtube recordings and playbacks. It is almost impossible to reproduce everything exactly, and its unrealistic to expect identical sound.

The real question for you is: is your recorded sound similar to the sound you hear when monitoring your sound in your DAW before recording it, and when playing live (without recording)? If the answer is yes, then there's nothing wrong with your recording.

If you don't like the sound you hear (live and/or recorded), then the issue is with your equipment and its settings, not with your recording. You simply need to spend the time required to learn your equipment, its capabilities, and the settings that sound good to you personally.  If you have experience with such things then it shouldn't take long to get good sounds from the UX1 and Pod Farm.  If you need more experience - then keep working at it.

• 2 weeks later...