Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Big Thumbs-up On New Jtv Firmware

Finally had a chance to use the JTV-69 in an ensemble setting and am pleased to report that everything just sounded great!  Although the new strat models have noticably less "squank", they are also more realistic to my ears - particularly at high volumes.

The 12-string Rick is different, but seems to be free of a lot of the tracking artifacts of v1.9.   Les Paul (all 5 settings) is a huge improvement.  Under 1.9 this model sounded like a strat with humbucking pickups trying to be a LP.  Now, while not perfect, it's much more believable - particularly with the highs rolled off a bit.

All in all:  Nice work Line6!  No complaints from me.

• Upvote 1

I agree with you in regard to the models.  I first listened to them through my HD500 with nothing at all in the path and was a little underwhelmed.  Mainly liked the Rickenbacker 12 string improvements.  Then I started listening to them through the amps and was REALLY impressed.  Seemed to react better and more organically.  And I like hearing from people who actually compare the models to the real thing.  For the most part those comparisons have been very positive.  Part of this is I think people just get used to one thing and if something else different comes along it's not what I'm used to so it's bad.  Not in a conscious "I'm pigheaded and refuse to hear anything objectively" way.  I just think it's human nature to do that.  I did at first with the HD500 and with this new JTV upgrade.  But the further away I get from the old sounds, I find when I go back to them, I like the new sounds I've come up with better.  Also discontent people tend to post more than content ones on these threads.  Since I'm content, I have nothing to post.  It's just the nature of these things.