Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Using the Helix editor on the computer without connecting to Helix?

Djwiens

Not directly. You would have to investigate using a remote-access program that allows you to access your computer remotely, then leave the Helix edit program running on your computer, with the Helix device connected, in your absence. But still you wouldn't be able to hear anything - the Helix device is still producing the audio. I don't think the remote control program would be able to direct the audio to whatever control device you are using.

Yeah, I know I wouldn't be able to hear anything. Was just wondering if there was a way to sync patch info from the Helix to the Editor to work on routing, assignments, controllers, snapshots...basically organizational work while I was away from the device.  Then sync the patches back up when I plugged my laptop in later. Maybe it's just me but I'd find this useful.

Thanks for the reply!

Nope!  Can't do it.  I hate to complain about the Helix because Line 6 did such a damn good job.  But this is one thing that really chaps my butt.  Some don't see the need but I can't imagine why anyone wouldn't want to be able to study their presets, or those of others, and plan layouts from the comfort of your easy chair and laptop.  I recently spent hours communicating with someone, via email, on the subject of options for a wet/dry/wet setup.  Every time we exchanged information, I had to go to my rig to work out what he was talking about.  I would love to be able to copy/paste or study spec differences between amp and effect settings that I like without having to go to my studio to do it.  This and a kill-dry switch on the Helix itself are the only two things on my idea wish list.