Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Low Volume Feedback

Garhel

I don't seem to have much of a problem with the tracking. But if you do, try to stick to single notes. The pitch effects in Helix aren't polyphonic. Maybe the tracking will improve in a future update, because they already updated the pitch formula in 2.0 and reverted back to pre-2.0 with the 2.01 update since people were experiencing problems with it.

Other ways to improve things: a personal preference for me would be to set the mix on the pitch block to a max of around 70%, just to have a little unprocessed signal. It might also help to mask any bad tracking, to a point, maybe. Note that this would probably work and sound better if you set the interval to an octave.

Another thing might be to add a script phase to snapshot 2 and tie the mix to the same expression controller as the pitch block, with a min of 0 and max of 50. Might add a little fluidity.

Yes, I only get pitch issues when I go a bit too far really, so limiting the upper mix value might solve my heavy footedness! I messed around with different pitch values, and 12 didn't sound quite far enough. I settled on 19 as it seemed to give the right sound, but I'll definitely give the phaser idea a go. Thanks for the input...