Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

FBV 3 LCD blanking at times (Firehawk 1500/FBV3)

guellis

Hi, I recently purchased a Firehawk 1500 and an FBV3 floor board to control it.  Loving the set up!

Recently, the FBV3 LCD screen has been periodically going blank during performances.  Everything else seems to work--the footswitches still change effects and patches (and are illuminated correctly).  

I have found that unplugging cable that connects the FBV to the Firehawk solves the problem immediately.  However, this is not a practical solution during a live show and I am concerned about a larger issue.  

I've had the unit less than 30 days. Has anyone else experienced this?  Any known solutions?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thanks. I am having exactly the same issue with my recently acquired FBV3 - Amplify75 combination. It shuts down abruptly after a short while. Updating drivers doesn't help. I will try your solution. Since this seems to be a general issue with the FBV3 maybe Line6 could comment on this, if they haven't already.

• 2 weeks later...

The supplied cable seems to be crap. Very low quality, my end shield keeps riding off the plug. Won't lock in to stay in place. I'm thinking about replacing mine as well.

Not impressed with the overall build quality at all frankly.

• 2 years later...
On 9/21/2016 at 8:56 AM, guellis said:

Hi, I recently purchased a Firehawk 1500 and an FBV3 floor board to control it.  Loving the set up!

Recently, the FBV3 LCD screen has been periodically going blank during performances.  Everything else seems to work--the footswitches still change effects and patches (and are illuminated correctly).  

I have found that unplugging cable that connects the FBV to the Firehawk solves the problem immediately.  However, this is not a practical solution during a live show and I am concerned about a larger issue.  

I've had the unit less than 30 days. Has anyone else experienced this?  Any known solutions?

Hi, firsy day having the fbv3 the firehawk 1500 will arrive tomorrow, but as you mentioned out off the box I updated the fbv3 but then I noticed the LCD screen not showing that bright, I used to have the Firehawk FX   and FHFX lcd was really nice and bright, even if I don´t have this issue tomorrow when the FH 1500 gets home I wonder,  What brand or gauge of replacement cable did you get?   Cheers!!!