Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Pod Studio Ux1 Installation

I just bought a Studio UX1 yesterday and the 'user experience' so far reminds me of why I completely gave up on Windows OS in the late 90s. Holy crap! Drivers, registering, authorizing etc... hoo boy! So Windows 8 isn't supported I take it. Has *anybody* gotten their UX1/2 working with a Win8 machine? So far I haven't been able to get the UX1 to work as a soundcard, and I'm getting a slap-delay directly from the headphones jack on the UX1. Does this mean I'm having latency issues? I don't have ASIO drivers... if I need them, let me know, and if so, why doesn't Line6 installation include them? Where can I find ASIO drivers? Searching on it brings up a lot of websites and files that look very dubious. Sorry if I'm throwing too many noob questions out there, but this thing may go back to the store if there isn't any solution out there other than 'wait for Line6 Win8 support'.

• Upvote 1

There are drivers for Windows 8, but obviously some users are having issues.

Please run the Line6 Monkey to make sure everything is current.

As for the slap back, if you are hearing it twice it is usually because you have "monitoring" enabled in your DAW, in which case you are hearing the latency caused by the DAW.

Also, I think I have seen some people say Win8 does not disable the internal sound, so that my cause some conflict.

Line6 does not really monitor the forums, so if the community can not resolve your issue please submit a ticket.

I know it is a PIA, but the more people that submit tickets the better chance there is of Line6 figuring out the root cause.

http://line6.com/support/tickets/

When I get a chance I am going to test my UX2 on Win8, but not sure when that will happen.

I'm so far having no luck with getting any pass-through audio using the line-ins of the UX1. I'd like to be able to record into Audacity if possible. Any suggestions on getting the UX1 to work as a soundcard appreciated.

Are you trying to record without POD Farm?

If so, you need to select the inputs in the Line6 Audio-MIDI Devices control panel, there should be a shortcut on the desk top or you can find it under:

Start>>Programs>>Line6>>Tools

This will only pass the unprocessed signal.

As for Audacity, it does not support ASIO drivers due to Stienberg licensing, but there is a way to compile it with ASIO drivers.

http://wiki.audacityteam.org/index.php?title=ASIO_Audio_Interface

I personally would give Reaper a try. It is free to try and the full (non-commercial) version is only ~$60.

IMHO it has a huge bang for your buck.

I'm mostly interested in Audacity temporarily to record from my Zoom portable digital recorder's line out in order to re-record an important recording that I can't retrieve with the SD card because it isn't formatted correctly (yet it does play back). My main use for the UX1 is guitar and home studio stuff, and it seems to be working except that the line-in channel isn't working. That probably isn't something I will need very often. Thanks for the tip about Reaper... it looks interesting. I'm not married to Audacity, but it is free. If the Reaper trial works with the Line6 stuff w/o hassle, I'll gladly pay the $60 or whatever.

I don't really need the line-in for typical guitar based home recording which is my main use, but I did buy the UX1 to help me recover some audio from my Zoom recorder that has a improperly formatted SD drive, and the only way to do that is to re-record into something that has analog-digital hardware. I got the UX1 because it seems capable of both functions.

Currently the UX1/PodFarm 2.5 seems ok... the line-in's aren't providing sound, but the instrument-in, headphones, and recording into Riffworks is just fine, so I'm guessing Reaper should works w/o hassles, correct? Thanks for the tip... it seems like it might be a good alternative to Audacity... which I'm somewhat familiar with but not 'married' to.

If you use POD Farm, you will need to select Line 1 or Line 2 or both instead of Instrument or Mic.

To bypass POD Farm you would select Line 1 or Line 2 or both in the Line6 Audio-MIDI control panel.

Can your computer see the Zoom as a USB storage device?

If so you should be able to drag and drop the recordings directly into Reaper (and possible Audacity). By default I think Zoom records as a .WAV file.

Triryche, thanks for you replies. I downloaded a trial version of Reaper last night and I am able to record into just fine whether or not PodFarm is running. It seems more than adequate for my needs. Assuming I get everything working, I'll most likely buy a personal license. I do like the drum tracks with Riffworks, so I'm going to look into pricing on that option.

I don't know who to switch from instrument to line-in inputs. Which application has those controls?

You can select Instrument, Mic, or Line in POD Farm.

Or if you are not using POD Farm you can select it in the Line6 Audio-MIDI control Panel.

There may be a shortcut on your desktop or you can go to:

Programs>>Line6>>Tools>>Line6 Audio-MIDI Devices

• 3 years later...