Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Pod Hd Same Physical Size As Podxt?

steves

I have a PODxt and I use it in the old Atomic  amp that was designed to have the pod mounted into the amp in a carrier system that plugs everything into the amp.   So I want the HD but need it to fit in the same "carrier" so I can get it into the amp.

So....it the HD the same size physically as the xt?

Cheers...........

To the OP...

If your talking about the floor model 'PODXT Live':

It is smaller than the POD HD500. I have the "Line 6" branded bag and there's no way the HD500 will fit.

I bought a new POD HD500 bag from AMS.

I had the XTL with L6 bag, then it croaked after a few years, so I got an X3L, but it was wider and not as deep front to back, so didn't fit in the XTL case, so I got the L6 X3L bag. A couple years later I got the HD500, and I have been using the XTL bag for the HD 500 for a while... It's a tight fit, but it does work. I took my X3L as a backup unit. I just got an HD500X -- same size as the HD500, so I'm using the XTL bag for the 500X, then shifted the 500 as my backup unit. I got it into the X3L bag -- though it was a tighter fit than the XTL bag. I think the XTL bag had relaxed or stretched some over the years of use with the XTL. I was surprised I got the HD500 into the X3L bag, maybe it'll relax some with time...

Anyway, that's my 2 cents...

Dave

To the OP...

If your talking about the floor model 'PODXT Live':

It is smaller than the POD HD500. I have the "Line 6" branded bag and there's no way the HD500 will fit.

I bought a new POD HD500 bag from AMS.

I had the XTL with L6 bag, then it croaked after a few years, so I got an X3L, but it was wider and not as deep front to back, so didn't fit in the XTL case, so I got the L6 X3L bag. A couple years later I got the HD500, and I have been using the XTL bag for the HD 500 for a while... It's a tight fit, but it does work. I took my X3L as a backup unit. I just got an HD500X -- same size as the HD500, so I'm using the XTL bag for the 500X, then shifted the 500 as my backup unit. I got it into the X3L bag -- though it was a tighter fit than the XTL bag. I think the XTL bag had relaxed or stretched some over the years of use with the XTL. I was surprised I got the HD500 into the X3L bag, maybe it'll relax some with time...

Anyway, that's my 2 cents...

Dave

bean