Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Spider V -a New Beginning!

bluebluetones

Hi all,

Well, as you can imagine, I think we're all pretty stoked about the new Spider V release.  It's been quite a while since we've seen a new Spider amp from Line 6.

The previous amps that were of interest to me were the old Flextone III series.  The Spider's were the next best thing in terms of affordability and so that is where my heart lies.  I loved the DT series of amps, but they have always been un-affordable ($1200 CAD for a 25 watt amp!) and the newer Firehawk 1500 is over $1400 CAD...

The Amplifi series just didn't do anything for me.  The fact I had to do all my editing by a phone was a turn off.

So many questions about this Spider V.  I hope we can gather all information in one place.  My current questions are:

- Can the amp do all editing via the front of the amplifier?  Is in not dependent on a smart phone?

- What amps are modeled?  Are they the HD amp models?  I think I understand that you can choose cab models which is a real plus...that makes the amp closer to the old Flextone line.

- I assume it will be compatible with the current FBV MkII shortboards?

If there are any new videos or information, please share so that we can all be on-board.

Having a quick look at the video, all the amps/cabs/and effect models shown were the ones offered on the X3 and XT line.  Perhaps the HD models will be avail later or available as a download?

I notice that the guy in the video is doing deep-editing on a computer...I wonder if that's how the editing is done?  (Computer rather than the amplifier interface?)  I hope it can be done all from the amp.  I'm not crazy about being tied to a computer when I feel like playing and fiddling about on an amplifier.

Having a quick look at the video, all the amps/cabs/and effect models shown were the ones offered on the X3 and XT line.  Perhaps the HD models will be avail later or available as a download?

I notice that the guy in the video is doing deep-editing on a computer...I wonder if that's how the editing is done?  (Computer rather than the amplifier interface?)  I hope it can be done all from the amp.  I'm not crazy about being tied to a computer when I feel like playing and fiddling about on an amplifier.

Everything can be edited on the amp itself as well.