Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Will there be a Spider V Jam Version?

WoodyHammett

Basically the best parts of Spider Jam are already in the Spider V models.  The tweeter for better sounding playback when using prerecorded music, and the built in drum tracks.  You can also connect an auxiliary input to the back of Spider V if you have a collection of backing tracks from other sources.

And if you're looking for more free backing tracks, the AMPLIFi Remote app now includes some in the app itself.  

Can you use the looper over those drum tracks? It's nice to add a progression to the drums and this is how a lot of us used the Spider Jam. Either using the full jam tracks with all instruments or adding a progression over the drum tracks. It's perfect for that. I was also hoping there would be a Spider Jam version of V for just this reason...

• 2 weeks later...

Any word on this? Not being able to lay down a chord progression over top of the drum loops lowers the capabilities over the existing Spider Jam. I would also like to be able to import tracks from USB too, as I do with the Spider Jam. I'm hoping Line 6 didn't deprecate this functionality or they are planning on releasing a Jam version of the V. It would be cool to have the better sounds in the V with the functionality of the existing Spider Jam.

• Upvote 1

I picked up the Spider V 60 today to try it out. Worst experience I have had with a piece of gear in 30 years of playing. The presets sounded so bad I was loosing faith right off the bat, and then I played the drum rhythm tracks and they have no bottom on the 60 and then the front end display of the unit started flashing and the amp started cutting out. I switched from my Monster Power to the wall to see if that was the issue but it started doing the same thing. Unplugged re-plugged, same problem. Now it won't even stay on. Only highlight is that it sounds better when it's turned off.  :D

I never looked at a Spider....

I have always been primarily a POD user...

However since I do more playing at home and use my IRig with my IPad and the Line6 Mobile POD when I'm not using my HD500X, the Spider V appealed to me....

I played the V60 and could not get a good tone out of it...

Even being a very experienced line 6 user... From the Pc based UX1, Vetta, X3 till now....

It was Easy to figure out the controls on the V, as I downloaded the manual and it sucked...

Whatever happen to the big books like I got with my X3?

If it's cost effective to post PDFs, give us the whole thing...

Anyway...

The Spider V60 sounds were Bassy, and not articulate at all no matter what I did...

However, there was a Spider Jam there and I tried it and I was VERY impressed...

Not only with the sound, but also the options and it being loud enough to gig with...

What happened Line 6?

The Amplify feels cheaply built, my HD500X sound so much better, , and now the Spider V is disappointing...

Are you guys focusing too much on the speaker systems and not the sounds?

The L3T I have is amazing for my HD500X, as a PA and I even use it as a surround sound option for my TV, as it fills the room and sound better than my home unit...

However, you guys at Line 6 MUST realize that changing speaker configurations SERIOUSLY changes guitar tone and response/feel....

My HD500X sounds like crap through my studio monitors, because I have it setup for my LT3.

Do you just load old sounds to a new speaker system?

You guys should rethink your tones based on the new speaker config...

Remember, YOU guys created a culture of gear head sound gurus, and stole us from our reliance on tube amps and peadal tao dancing...

You impressed us, and went BEYOND expectations...

Mod the hardware, adjust the software....

Please....

Or keep what works...

Make a Spider Jam with the same sound, options and give it IPad capabilities instead of SD cards...

Can you use the looper over those drum tracks? It's nice to add a progression to the drums and this is how a lot of us used the Spider Jam. Either using the full jam tracks with all instruments or adding a progression over the drum tracks. It's perfect for that. I was also hoping there would be a Spider Jam version of V for just this reason...

Yes, you can use the looper over the drum tracks.

• 2 months later...

Any word on this? Not being able to lay down a chord progression over top of the drum loops lowers the capabilities over the existing Spider Jam. I would also like to be able to import tracks from USB too, as I do with the Spider Jam. I'm hoping Line 6 didn't deprecate this functionality or they are planning on releasing a Jam version of the V. It would be cool to have the better sounds in the V with the functionality of the existing Spider Jam.

I couldn't agree more. I have been waiting years for line 6 to update the Jam amp with current technologies. The 24 min looper, bass guitar compatibility, microphone input, full on Jam tracks (being able to download song tracks that you like would be great) and not just drum loops. I will buy one as soon as it is available but I will not buy the V with it's limited offering