Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Firehawk and adding an external looper

CatholicJedi

Ok. I am still trying to decide to keep the firehawk or not. The primary use is for live performance.

Obviously the looper is useless for live performance. But I am thinking of adding an external looper. But the question is, where in the chain. Thinking about the Electro Harmonix 22500

Do you:

A ) use the FX block place it at the end of the chains

B ) use the mono out to looper and out of the looper to amp or board?

Not to confuse this thread, but I am thinking about the HD 500 instead as well. Thoughts?

I guess I will throw one more thing in the mix, can you add other pedals, like a pong pedal or octive etc. can you side load them?

• 1 month later...

I have exactly that configuration (Firehawk and ETX 22500), and my looper I have connected after Firehawk, not as FX Send, FX Return, because in soft I can't move 'FX Loop' past Reverb, in chain. Reverb I can move only before AMP, or last one, just before internal 'Looper'.

Will be nice if in App 'FX Loop' it would be a possibility do move as last in chain.

True true on the Reverb.  I wish they would give us more control of the blocks.  I would like to have more effect blocks or the ability to change compression to any kind of effect.  Some builds, I dont need compression.  Or remove the looper block, which I will never use since its useless for actual live performance and can't be used with the external looper.

The problem with me using it that way, is that I am using launchpad on my iPad to for drums and other sounds.  I like the ability of using the Firehawk to play sounds from my iPad as well.  Thats the main reason I kept it.  Just wish they gave us more control.  But now its ugly red stepchild in their line :( and abandoned.

What looper are you using.  I am using the Ditto x4 

• 2 weeks later...

Edit; I thought this was he FH 1500 thread.. But I guess it applies here too.

There is a lot I like about this amp, but, I too am very surprised that there is this limitation on the effects chain. This is almost 1000 US dollars and can't move certain effects to where we would like.

This is a big nagative for me personally. I honestly thought there was something wrong with my app on my iPad, many limitations on something this expensive .

Also the looper surprised me , it is unusable as far as I can tell. Or it's very unintuitive. I own the helix, kemper, boss 100 and all dead simple to use the looper. I have the new FBV 3 and to my surprise, not looper mode so to speak. It's a very hard to use one switch design, really surprised me,