Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

different sound of 60 and 120?

mikewosoft

• 2 weeks later...

I picked up the Spider V 60 today to try it out. Worst experience I have had with a piece of gear in 30 years of playing. The presets sounded so bad I was loosing faith right off the bat, and then I played the drum rhythm tracks and they have no bottom on the 60 and then the front end display of the unit started flashing and the amp started cutting out. I switched from my Monster Power to the wall to see if that was the issue but it started doing the same thing. Unplugged re-plugged, same problem. Now it won't even stay on. Only highlight is that it sounds better when it's turned off.  :D

• 3 weeks later...

I just bought the v 120 and have no issues with the sound at all other than it is the weakest 120 watt amp I have ever had. A Fender mustang III will blow it out of the water without even breaking a sweat and it is only 100 watts.I thought I bought a 120 watt amp but on many many presets it just doesn't have the volume on clean settings.

I have the Spider V 120 and the patches are set very low on the channel volume (like dsetliff said) out of the box.  Once I started building my own patches and modifying the factory presets, the power is there for sure.  Don't get discouraged LWV120.  Also if you hook up an ipad and download the spider app, you can load up tons of patches that other users have created and uploaded to the cloud... just be careful though as some of these patches are super loud, so you turn the master volume down between loading patches.