Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Keep The X3live Or Go Spider Valve?

flvinny521

I'm currently on hiatus from both my Misfits tribute band and a modern rock cover band as my wife and I recently had twin boys.  This prompted the conversion of one room into a nursery and my office into a combination office/guest bedroom.  To reduce some clutter, I'm considering selling of some gear, but I'm not sure what avenue I'd like to take:

I currently have an X3Live, XT bean, Crate V3112, and custom built Mather cab with two Vintage 30s, among other assorted goodies.

My first option is to keep the X3L, sell the rest, and look for a second-hand Atomic Reactor, keyboard amp, or other active wedge/amp.  I would also consider grabbing a new Atomic CLR series if I thought that I could raise enough money for the active cab/wedge model.  The next option is to sell it all and maybe grab a Spider Valve 112.

At most gigs, my amp is miced to the PA along with the other guitar and all vocals.  I would consider running an XLR from my X3Live direct to the PA, but I need something for monitoring as well.  I am hoping that I can fund any necessary purchases with the sale of my extraneous gear.  Any ideas or product suggestions?

I would stick with the X3L and amp. It's a win win situation. X3L connected to a PA for small shows..... you could store the power amp out of the way while using only the X3L for practice at home.....X3L plus mp3 player for prctice using the headphones..... I think that this setup is versitaile and will suit all your needs......

Thank you for the input. Do you have any powered cab recommendations besides an Atomic Reactor? They seem hard to find second-hand, and I'm not sure I can afford the new model.  I should add that I don't like the look of a powered PA speaker behind me, although a powered monitor wedge would be fine.