elsvoboda

Are any artists ACTUALLY using the Helix?

Tight 4 man band. Shull's Helix tones were really great!  Speaks well of the Power Cab's abilities.  Definitely will check out some of his presets.  Guthrie's vocals are killer classic blues/rock and I thought it interesting the drummer also said he is using a Helix, assume to mic various parts of his kit (or was he BS'ing)?!?

He was definitely BS-ing, although it was pretty funny. I almost wanted to see how far he'd go with it. "I run my cowbell into the Helix. I have a shaker, I run that into the Helix.  I have a set of bongos..."

Considering how amazing Line6 customer service has been, the community, and the engineers... I wonder if they could get Vai to switch over.  I'm not taking anything away from Fractal hardware I had a AxeFxII...  but I dealt with their customer service, and execs were awful... so I returned it, and got the Helix.  Vai seems to be someone who works closely with the OEMs.  What a coup that would be!  Especially since Sheehan is using the Helix.  

On 3/20/2019 at 7:44 AM, honeybearstudios said:

Considering how amazing Line6 customer service has been, the community, and the engineers... I wonder if they could get Vai to switch over.  I'm not taking anything away from Fractal hardware I had a AxeFxII...  but I dealt with their customer service, and execs were awful... so I returned it, and got the Helix.  Vai seems to be someone who works closely with the OEMs.  What a coup that would be!  Especially since Sheehan is using the Helix.  

I'm going to guess that Steve Vai is able to get excellent customer service from Fractal. Joe Blow? Maybe not so much.

1 hour ago, brue58ski said:

I'm going to guess that Steve Vai is able to get excellent customer service from Fractal. Joe Blow? Maybe not so much.

In this article from 2017, Steve Vai says he doesn't even use modelers... So he probably doesn't need much customer service from Fractal... ;-)

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/articles/features/is_amp_modeling_as_good_as_tubes_heres_what_established_guitarists_think_of_it_today-69879

Vai does use a Fractal unit, but not for amp modeling.  But seeing how Carvin just went under, it will be interesting to see what his next tube amp will look like.  This pic is from 2018.

image.png.ae5371be985e28d3d5eaaeb413efdb4c.png

Jakko Jakszyk (King Crimson) is using Helix.

And speaking of King Crimson, some friends recently saw Adrian Belew's new quartet and he was using a Helix.

Just for the record, it doesn't matter to me whether or not "big name" artists are using it; that has no bearing on how I feel about it, or any piece of gear I choose to use. But it is nice to know that several of these artists are coming around to Helix.

On 3/22/2019 at 1:23 PM, phil_m said:

In this article from 2017, Steve Vai says he doesn't even use modelers... So he probably doesn't need much customer service from Fractal... ;-)

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/articles/features/is_amp_modeling_as_good_as_tubes_heres_what_established_guitarists_think_of_it_today-69879

I never said he NEEDED customer service. But if he were to ever contact them with an issue, I am pretty positive he would get great customer service. I have no idea whether he needed to or has ever, for that matter, contacted their customer service.