Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Buy another Podxtlive or fix up current one??

Hi,

I think i bought my Podxtlive since 2005 and have been using it all these years. The tuner does not work now, also when i hit edit and maybe other settings, i cannot select certain settings like going to Reverb section. It skips around alot. When playing/rehearsing at a   louder volume than bedroom vol, the volume sound of my XTlive occasionally drops dramatically. Also once in awhile, while playing on one bank, it skips to different banks at random sometimes..

At my nearest Repair shop, on its site online says to repair is around 120 to 200 dollars roughly for the price, it also says it repairs line 6 products. I want to mention that i bought the Bass Expansion and still have the code to install it for new Xtlive if i were to buy it from somewhere like guitarcenter online. If i buy from Guitarcenter online used, will it most likely screw up again like the problems mentioned above at any time soon??? The reason i mention repairing it, is because maybe they can fix it to somehow prevent from problems happening again, for example they install new buttons inside that are better quality. etc....

so to repair my xtlive or buy another used one??

Also, i want to mention, that i have the HD500x now, but i like the Dual recto treadplate setting the xtlive has and has been my main tone for years. The new Treadplate on the HD500x, doesnt sound quite the same like the xtlive model.

please let me know what i should do. to Buy used xtlive or fix current one. 

thanks

If you are wealthy then the sky is the limit!

The only way to get another one will be used and that is always a gamble (no matter where you obtain it from) - could go a long time or 1 day who knows? At least GC gives a 30 Day return (IIRC). But if you are going to keep with the XTLs a backup is never a bad idea.

You could take your XTL apart yourself and grab a can of DeOxit. Then you could go in and clean all the wee little micro switches, jacks and whatever else moves. The tactile switches are usually the #1 cause of the footswitch malfunction.