Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Hd500x L6 Linked To Dt25 Causing Erratic Behavior On Pod

daveschutt

I had the strangest thing happening to me today.  I went to my band rehearsal and after playing for about 30 minutes the display screen kept jumping from the signal chain to the knob display as if I was a adjust a knob on the HD500X.  I'm connected to my DT25 via the L6 link and my JTV via the VDI cable.  I had previously been using this set up with my HD500 for at least a year and had no issue.  I even used this same setup and cords 3 weeks ago without issue.  If I disconnect the L6 link it's fine (of course I have no sound though.)  When I the screen changes it actually shows that he Mid has been turned all the way up.  I can move it back and then when the screen flashes it has moved back to 99%.  This happens across the board on the patches.  I even swapped out cords and same thing.  Now the venue makes me a a custom snake that has my power supply extened, 1/4" and L6 cable loomed to together as one cord.  I'm 99% sure it's a regular XLR they used.  But I've gotten by for 2 years with it and one show with the HD500X.  I have an AES/EBU cable somewhere so I'm going to try that and hope it works. 

If anyone has had anything simlar and has fixed it with some sort of hard boot or firmware upgrade/reload please let me know.  I have 3 gigs this weekend and I need to come up with a plan B if swapping the cord for AES/EBU doesn't solve it.  I practiced all day today with just the HD hooked up to my PC so I definitely know it has something to do with the Link.  And yes I tried numerous times of turning both the amp and pod off and on again.

Thank you,

Dave

• Like 1

have you tried changing the order you turn things on? sometimes the midi info sent to and from the DT/HD can initiate parameter changes.

might also for this reason park the DT knobs at 0 (except master) anything moving there would also send the midi to the HD.

• Upvote 2

You can eliminate knob jitter on amp and HD500X if you pull down the knob and place a rubber ring between housing and knob.

In germany we use the rubber seal of beerbottles which have this "old fashioned" clamps. :-) So the knobs go harder and not by vibration.

• 9 months later...

Help! The same thing has just started happening to me. Now I know it is not caused by knob jitter. I am playing in half power mode with the volume only a quarter of the way up in a bedroom practice situation. I tried two different digital cables and two different analog cables for the L6 link. The problem continues to happen. All three pieces of the dream rig have been updated to the latest firmware and the problem is still happening. Did anyone ever figure out what the real cause of this issue is since in my case it is not due to knob jitter?

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

The same happened to me this weekend, and it has happened a couple of times before. This time though I did have the latest firmware on my JTV89F, HD500X

Considering I gig several times a month with this setup, the erratic display happens only very rarely, but I can't seem to reproduce this. This weekend though I was playing at the brides walk in at my friend's wedding, and when it happened I was under a lot of pressure. I power cycled everything, and then reconnected, but still the HD500x was showing the knobs, and not the patch. In the end I disconnected the Link cable, which ectified the display, and went via analog out from the HD500x to the DT25.

The next day however, at another gig, it all worked fine, though from now on I will always keep a jack to jack ready to connect with, just in case.

• Like 1

• 6 years later...