Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Amp Builder/Creator App

hideout

Here's what I propose;

An app that would allow us to "design" our own tube amps that we can upload onto the Helix and share with other Helix users.

The amp would allow us to mix and match all components of an amp and its design paradigms (Fender, Marshall, Boogie, etc.) and swap out tubes, caps, resistors, pot values, negative feedback amount and "power supply" robustness (sag/tightness). Mix and match manufacturer designs between preamp and power amp. All without the danger of electrocution and being able to ignore most the laws of physics and electricity. I'm thinking of this as something along the lines of the Variax Workbench. You don't have to understand electronics and tube design, just be willing to experiment.

I'd be willing to buy this app. It doesn't need to be free.

Please upvote it.

http://line6.ideascale.com/a/dtd/Amp-Developer-App/841518-23508

• Upvote 1

That's true. I admit I have a little Bias Amp envy. Voted it up.

P.S. you might consider a title that reflects the topic to get some more traffic on this.

Good point. I just couldn't think of one at the time.

Oh and thanks for the upvote!

Here's what I propose;

An app that would allow us to "design" our own tube amps that we can upload and share with other Helix users.

The amp would allow us to mix and match all components of an amp and its design paradigms (Fender, Marshall, Boogie, etc.) and swap out tubes, caps, resistors, pot values, negative feedback amount and "power supply" robustness (sag/tightness). Mix and match manufacturer designs between preamp and power amp. All without the danger of electrocution and being able to ignore most the laws of physics and electricity. I'm thinking of this as something along the lines of the Variax Workbench. You don't have to understand electronics and tube design, just be willing to experiment.

I'd be willing to buy this app. It doesn't need to be free.

Please upvote it.

http://line6.ideascale.com/a/dtd/Amp-Developer-App/841518-23508

Voted!

• Upvote 1

Too late.

One of the mods might be able to take care of that for you when they see this.

I went ahead and voted it up.

This is sort of like ReValver. This would be great for the Helix as a nice mid life cycle update for it.  As you know something like this will take quite a bit of time to get it working reliably for distribution and sharing within the Helix platform.

• Upvote 1

One of the mods might be able to take care of that for you when they see this.

I went ahead and voted it up.

This is sort of like ReValver. This would be great for the Helix as a nice mid life cycle update for it. As you know something like this will take quite a bit of time to get it working reliably for distribution and sharing within the Helix platform.

Thanks for the upvote. And yes, I know this will be a big job, but I think it'll be worth it.

I can see it now a new amp model that utilizes a cascade of 12AU7s, a power section combo of KT-88s and EL-84s... Why? just because you can.  It'd be sooo fun to mess with!!

You should seriously try the demo of BIAS Amp.  Heck, it's only $69-$169 to buy.  Sounds right up your alley.  Might hold you over until Line 6 puts something out (wishful thinking).

https://www.positivegrid.com/bias-desktop/