Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Preset Default Settings

sjo5531

If I have changed either the AMP or FX settings on an amp preset, is there a way to take it back to it's original default settings? It looks as though any changes you make remain after turning the amp off and then back on. I'd like to be able to get back to the original if I've gone too far with tweaking the settings.

Thanks!

Just switch to another preset without saving the one you're working in, and when you go back to the original preset, it will be in its default state. Presets are only saved if you go through the save process.

Thanks phil_m! That helps me a lot. I'm a newb with Spiders and I have a lot to learn. I do see that if you don't change to another preset and have changed effects, if you turn the amp off and then back on to the same preset, it retains all the tweaks you did to it. As it should!

• 5 weeks later...

I am a long time musician and a very short time Spider V owner. I just spent four hours tweaking some presets with my android tablet. It would seem that the work I have done didn't take hold and they all reverted back to their original settings when I unplugged my tablet.. How do I go about saving this crap. Helpful documentation on the new Spider amps is none existent.

I am a long time musician and a very short time Spider V owner. I just spent four hours tweaking some presets with my android tablet. It would seem that the work I have done didn't take hold and they all reverted back to their original settings when I unplugged my tablet.. How do I go about saving this crap. Helpful documentation on the new Spider amps is none existent.

The thread below shows you a couple of ways that you can save the presets that you have edited on your tablet back to the Spider V. Just ignore the part where I say download your tone from the cloud and use your own edits instead.

http://line6.com/support/topic/23622-saving-from-the-cloud/