Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Line 6 repair policies are not in line w/the complexity of the product and the number of field failures reported

I think if they can't provide products that have quality that can last that long, then it's their own fault if it bites them in the lollipop. We should get what we paid for, and I think something that's 1k isn't just buying a roll of paper towels you dispose of after one use, it's a moderate investment. That is something that SHOULD last at least 5 years. Let's be honest, it should last 10, but ultimately, in terms of needing components replaced, it should be covered for at least 5 years.

Perhaps you misunderstood my point. I have no interest in how things could, would, or should be. My only concern is how things ARE, and figuring out how to operate within those limitations, so that my little corner of this communal litter box we all exist in stinks as little as possible. The world's myriad injustices are beyond my control, and I have neither the time nor the energy to be a crusader. I'm certainly not gonna waste time lamenting the length of the manufacturer's warranty on a guitar, the garbage disposal, or the A/C in the den. Hell, hip replacements fail after a few years sometimes...and guess what? Your surgeon ain't banging in a 2nd set of hardware for free, out of the goodness of his heart.

The world is what it is, and much of it...well, let's just say is "less than ideal". Tuck in, and get a good whiff. Pungent, ain't it? As Dennis Leary would say: "Life sucks. Get a f#!#/^!@ helmet..."

• Upvote 1

Thumbs up for everyone!   ;) 

​I do a have a bug up my butt in this regard because of another guitar maker who shall remain nameless that makes guitars with 13 pin access and are canadian hehe.....  I started experiencing problems after a few years and it's not like it had heavy use, in fact I hardly used it. Then when I called and told of the problem they had me buy a new part they said would fix it but didn't.

While I'm on the subject, another thing is gear with so much stuff going on inside that you may take a long time to finally discover, past warranty period of course, that a certain function is defective and probably had been right from the beginning! lol

• 2 weeks later...

Perhaps you misunderstood my point. I have no interest in how things could, would, or should be. My only concern is how things ARE, and figuring out how to operate within those limitations, so that my little corner of this communal litter box we all exist in stinks as little as possible. The world's myriad injustices are beyond my control, and I have neither the time nor the energy to be a crusader. I'm certainly not gonna waste time lamenting the length of the manufacturer's warranty on a guitar, the garbage disposal, or the A/C in the den. Hell, hip replacements fail after a few years sometimes...and guess what? Your surgeon ain't banging in a 2nd set of hardware for free, out of the goodness of his heart.

The world is what it is, and much of it...well, let's just say is "less than ideal". Tuck in, and get a good whiff. Pungent, ain't it? As Dennis Leary would say: "Life sucks. Get a f#!#/^!@ helmet..."

Preach, brother, preach!!  Kinda brutal, but spot on....

Gkf9,... try this link, http://line6.com/find/service_center/

There's E & M Electronics in Milton Keyes, and Mark Wright Music in Northampton.

Mark Wright used to be a repair tech at Line 6 in Rugby, back when we had a location

there. He knows most all the gear pretty well, including and especially the guitars.

In the mid 1990's, the average repair cost was $55-60 USD per hour plus parts.

Considering that, that was 20-years ago,... $90/hr being the going rate isn't that

bad for an out-of-warranty repair.

What if I have a JTV59 in need of repair? It works perfectly, has everything except the main board and the harness for the pots.

ToasterDude - then your JTV is working as you customized it voiding all warranty. :P

Nope. All my transplants are working fine. I have a 69 with mainboard, output jacks, pickups, tuners, neck etc. just missing the control harness I believe. May plug it in without that stuff to see if just the variax side works. Obviously mags would not go down VDI and would need to control it via VDI. My nephew has been learning guitar and wants to start playing in church. If I get him up and running with a variax, may get him a HD500x to go with it.

I also have a 59p in similar state. Have the mainboard, bridge, jacks, pickups blah blah blah. Just need the harness I think. That one I may keep stock.

My next two transplants already have the donor guitars. A variax standard and a JTV89. First timw purchasing either. The 89 will go in a three pickup warmoth les paul, the standard may go in a firebird. Maybe a strat, maybe a les paul special. Lol.

I guess another option is getting a standard for my nephew but he has been playing two 69s. One without the electronics at home and the purple one I postwd in the warmoth neck thread. So he digs the 69 more than the standard. Got a b stock standard off ebay for 423 bucks. A lot less than when I was paying 1500 for new 59s!!!!

It's all good TD, but you need parts not repair due to defective ones. Which you might be able to get, though who knows about mainboards which you mentioned in the first post. Harness you should try for. That's what I mean. :-)

It's all good TD, but you need parts not repair due to defective ones. Which you might be able to get, though who knows about mainboards which you mentioned in the first post. Harness you should try for. That's what I mean. :-)

Have the mainboards. Not the harnesses. Since I cannot find harnesses at fullcompass or line6, sedning in for repair makes sense. tech opens it up. Gee. . .it aint working because it doesn't have the switches, knobs and harness. Let me order one. . . ..

Have the mainboards. Not the harnesses. Since I cannot find harnesses at fullcompass or line6, sedning in for repair makes sense. tech opens it up. Gee. . .it aint working because it doesn't have the switches, knobs and harness. Let me order one. . . ..

..for which you will be billed a usurious price.

Have not seen 69 or 59 harnesses at fullcompass. Have emailed various folks there. Unresponsive would be understatement.

Ahh yes...the Great Void where 99.97% of all questions posed to "customer service representatives" mysteriously vanish and spend eternity. It can be viewed safely from a distance, but do not follow the blinking "hold" light that beckons you inside. Those who follow seldom return... ;)

Now serving # 29   your number: 5,568,123,839 :P

Haven't had that experience with L6 - I usually get a go - no go response within a week for the few I've submitted.

The non response was from Full Compass not Line 6. From what I have heard Line 6 will not sell variax parts directly. Whacky.