Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

HD500X with Boss ES8

rino2

Hard question!!

I have the HD500X and many external effects. Until now I have used a switch to send the guitar to the pedals or to the HD500X.

Yesterday I received a Boss ES8 that allows me to change the order of the pedal in the chain and to experiment different sound, I would like to put the 500X in this chain

The plan is to use it as normal HD500x alone and also as an effect system (compressor and/or EQ, etc.).with the external pedals

What is the best way to connect the HD500X to the ES8? Using a loop of the ES8 to the 500X  IN and OUT port or to the SEND and RETURN.

Hope the question is clear enaught

Thanks

Rino

Hey Rino2, I remember your other post, sorry I could not reply... Check the attached picture as reference.

As pianoguy said, you must use the 4CM. After that, try to move the FX LOOP BLOCK where it sounds good to you. You can mix POD Effects and your analog effects to make interesting things.

post-1058405-0-36450400-1475857178_thumb.png

pianoguyy and jvrock84

Thanks for your support and for your suggestions

BUT

I can't use the 4CM!! I don't use and I don't have an external Amplifier (except for a small, old Fender VibroChamp), I go directly to the mixer and than to the powered box...... Well I'll tray..

Thanks

Rino

thanks again....

probably I'm not so <deep> in the 500x use but... I don't understand. The only solution I see (maybe I'm blind!!) is to connect the SEND and RETURN port of the 500 to the IN and OUT of the ES8...

Sorry.... can you explain better to a poor beginner?

Rino

The POD FX SEND must be connected to the IN of the ES8. 

The OUT of the ES8 should go to your AMP's Input or PA. 

If your AMP/PA has a FX SEND, you should connect this into your POD's FX RETURN. 

Is the same idea of the 4CM using the ES8 to control your analog effects. 

But what I was eluding to, is the fact that you could use the patch bay into the Pod input and then to/from fx loop and finally output. 

The same as if it was going into the amp's fx loop. 

But, because it is a patch bay, you could then use a 4cm with the amp and patch bay as well. Your FX loop could be enclosed inside another fx loop. 

Imagine the possibilities. 

• 1 month later...

Just for let you know what is my solution.

Thanks to all of you for the suggestions... I've tested different solutions but the one that give the best result <FOR NOW (!!!)> is to connect the HD500 as a stomp box in Loop 7 that is a mono In/stereo Out of the ES8 

The chain is: Guitar -> ES8 IN -> Stomp in Loop 1...6 -> Loop 7 =HD500 Guitar IN-> ES8 Send / HD500 Stereo OUT-> ES8 Stereo Return= -> Loop 8 (stereo)Delay 2290 -> ES stereo Out -> PA

In this way I can use the HD500 as a stand alone unit and also as a stomp box with amp & speaker simulator..........I must test all the situation for this connection but it SEEMS to be OK....

Hope it can help other people and if you have suggestion ... they are welcomed...

Rino